Cooling METALFISH Z22 better than Stock cooler(Either AMD or Intel)?

Lilbertz

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Jun 10, 2020
I was looking for a low-profile cooler for my future HTPC. I already picked the Thermalright AXP 90 from Aliexpress but the case i chose only has grills at the sides so i thought of a blower style cooler. Fortunately, I found the Metalfish Z22. But Does it suck?

IntoxicatedPuma

Customizer of Titles
SFFn Staff
Feb 26, 2016
Yes they usually suck in from the top and blow out the side.

In all seriousness though, I would guess it is unlikely it outperforms the intel stock cooler on a test bench but if the case is a cramped design with no fans to push air in our out of the case, then I would imagine it may perform better. You should probably expect loud noises and high temperatures depending on the CPU used. What case are you planning to put this in?

Lilbertz

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Jun 10, 2020
Yes they usually suck in from the top and blow out the side.

In all seriousness though, I would guess it is unlikely it outperforms the intel stock cooler on a test bench but if the case is a cramped design with no fans to push air in our out of the case, then I would imagine it may perform better. You should probably expect loud noises and high temperatures depending on the CPU used. What case are you planning to put this in?

these are the cases I picked from Aliexpress: 1 2 3
and the InWin B1