confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
Original poster
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
The NCase, known by many as the quintessential "indie" SFF case, brought huge changes to our niche, and broadened many horizons in the community, from creators, to builders, to designers. Necere is one half of NCase, responsible for the design of the M1 and various accessories to go with the chassis. Today we'll be talking SFF with Necere, seeing what inspired and motivated one of the most well known creators in our community.

This is the fourth in a series of “Meet the Creators”, a series of interviews with the designers and manufacturers active in our community. Our community helps foster the growth of the SFF world. Join our community today to chat alongside the masters. Let's go!

owliwar

Master of Cramming
Lazer3D
Apr 7, 2017
I was anxious for this one! :)
that shuttle concept is so... 2000ish. its so true to its time haha XD

I wonder who may come next

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
Original poster
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
I had the smallest design of all the Phobya concepts.. Was a sign of things to come XD

Reactions: owliwar

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Mine was something like 65L, if I recall correctly. Actually one of the smaller ones, if you can believe it :P

Reactions: Phuncz

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Very interesting read, thanks for doing this @Necere !

Necere said:
For a long time, Silverstone was the only real game in town if you were after a truly compact, enthusiast-grade DIY SFF system built from off the shelf parts.
Yeah and it hasn't been that long either. To think of the limited choices we had back then and what we have know, it's amazing to see how far we've come with passion, determination and skill of the community.

TheHig

King of Cable Management
Oct 13, 2016
I really enjoy these write ups gents. Its truly inspiring what @Necere and our other SFF indie pioneers have achieved and the push they are giving the industry as a whole. I have only caught the SFF bug in the last 2 years or so and there is no going back baby!

Anyway, thanks again for these glimpses into the minds of these creators and best of luck in your current and future endeavors guys.

Reactions: Phuncz