Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Last edited:

chx

Master of Cramming
May 18, 2016
Let me note: this adapter plus 6-pin PCI-Express male to 4+4-pin EPS female plus Supermicro X11SSV-Q equals win:

The X11SSV-Q motherboard alternatively supports an 8-pin 12V DC input power supply at JPW2 for embedded applications. The 12V DC input is limited to 30A (15A if only installed with 4-pin power cable) by design. It provides up to 360W (180W if only 4-pin connected) power input to the motherboard. Please keep the on board power usage within the power limits specified above. Over current power usage may cause damage to the motherboard.

msystems

King of Cable Management
Apr 28, 2017
That thing looks familiar... I just realized that that's similar to the brick used in my 3d printer.

I went and turned it over to look and sure enough it is Meanwell. The particular variant is 221W, 24v.

Todayican2

Trash Compacter
Feb 18, 2017
Fascinating thread! I'd like to ask a few newb questions, and maybe give someone some money :-)

All things considered, is this solution likely to be more reliable / stable on bad 50hz 240 here in the Philippines AND back home in Daytona Beach, as the HDPlex 300?

I am far from an electrical guy and pretty scared to wire one of these things up. Is there someone who would want Take my money, grab 2 Pico 160s and do a simple enclosure, ac plug, etc "plug and play" setup?

Lastly, with an 80mm slim fan, and moderate gaming load with an I7 and 1080ti (and little else) are members confident everything will work (I am willing to take the power targets down a bit on the GPU)

Thanks in advance :-)