Power Supply Meanwell 330W 12V 27.5A External PSU brick: GST360A12-C8P

haunting

Cable Smoosher
Jan 2, 2020
The actual power draw of CPUs under load can be more than double their "TDP", other onboard components and peripherals also need power. While it's unlikely you'll push 100% usage on both CPU and GPU at the same time you're cutting it real close, will definitely need to undervolt and set lower power limits

wertzius

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 13, 2022
Definitely possible with something like a RX6800 with -20% powerlimit and undervolt/overclock. You loose just 4% of performance and end up with 165W or so.

princess_daphie

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 26, 2019
I haven't had much success with my picopsu shenanigans so far, so I don't have much experience to answer your question, but what I can say is thank you for mentioning this Meanwell unit, since I didn't know it existed. I plan on buying one and I would've bought the 280w unit, while I'll definitely prefer the highest wattage possible, to be safe.

princess_daphie

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 26, 2019
So I bought one, and have been using it for a while, and it's a really solid unit. Quite big too though, but it's not a bother. Only problem is I can't test its reliability at high loads, as my PC consumes less than 200w at most.

According to the spec sheet though, in regards to OP, it might be okay to have higher TDP parts than with usual power bricks, because this one tolerates power spikes up to 415w for 3 seconds.

One thing that is puzzling and I wonder how accurate these charts are, but according to the specs, if running on 120v, the max wattage is much lower than if it's being run on 240v.