MC600 and Gigabyte mini itx gtx 970

Ceros_X

King of Cable Management
Mar 8, 2016
I have seen several builds using the MC600 and even looked at doing one myself, all if them I saw used 120-140mm holes above CPU and GPU to provide more ventilation.

Here is a different build using the same case:

just another 4.2L Gaming Case

Last edited:

Tek Everything

Cable-Tie Ninja
Dec 25, 2015
tekeverything.com
I have an MC600. You could run a 970 in it. However I would not recommend doing so unless you are comfortable with either a ton of fan noise, or are willing to modify the case a little.

What CPU/MOBO would you be using with the system?

Dan Jones

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Apr 26, 2016
I have an MC600. You could run a 970 in it. However I would not recommend doing so unless you are comfortable with either a ton of fan noise, or are willing to modify the case a little.

What CPU/MOBO would you be using with the system?
I wouldn't be able to deal with lots of fan noise and although I would love to mod the case, I don't have any of the tools or knowledge to do it. I was going with a i5-6600 and an MSI B150I AC but I don't think it will be feasible. I'm thinking I will go with a RVZ02 instead and change the system up a bit. Love your videos by the way!

Reactions: Tek Everything

DarekLogic

Trash Compacter
Logic Supply
Jan 13, 2016
www.logicsupply.com
Hi Dan, Darek here from Logic Supply. As you've already seen in the thread here, there have been a number of interesting builds using our MC600 case. That said, we designed the case to be used in creating our own industrial PC solutions for our clients, many of whom don't require a stand-alone graphics card, so the stock case configuration works quite well for them. Of course, once you start adding additional heat-generating components there comes a point where the thermal demands outstretch the capabilities of the enclosure. As others have mentioned, there are a wide range of modifications that can be made, but it sounds like that's not what you're interested in.

I'm glad to hear that you already reached out to someone here at Logic Supply, but please let me know if there are other questions I can answer. Good luck with your build!

DarekLogic

Trash Compacter
Logic Supply
Jan 13, 2016
www.logicsupply.com
@DarekLogic has there been any though to producing an optional top cover with 2x 140mm or 120mm fan holes cut out?
Hi Ceros_X, thanks for the question, sorry for the delayed response. When we designed the MC600 we always intended it to be used in creating our own commercial PCs (http://www.logicsupply.com/products/commercial-computers/mc600-series/), we ended up making it available as a stand-alone case because we began to see interest from integrators in building their own custom systems with it.

Because of the nature of many of the applications the MC600 is used in (machine shops, factory floors, dusty control rooms) we've tried to keep contaminant ingress areas to a minimum. Additionally, the solid lid actually provides a fair bit of structural integrity which our clients also value and which we wouldn't want to compromise with any cutouts. Of course, all that said, if a volume project were to come in that could offset the engineering costs of creating an alternate lid design, it's something we would certainly entertain.

I hope that answers your question.