Production M2427 - Cable Management Freedom

Lordofcloud

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Feb 4, 2020
I'm getting closer to entertaining the idea of using my M2427, but I want to make sure the loose wire needs to go where it's supposed to:

Is that the location the loose wire is supposed to go? Does it matter which GPU power cable out of the two I put this cable into? Also, why does this need to be done? I don't know anything about electrical engineering, but needing to do this just doesn't make any sense to me, which is why I've been sitting on my M2427 so long without using it.
I'm getting closer to entertaining the idea of using my M2427, but I want to make sure the loose wire needs to go where it's supposed to:

Is that the location the loose wire is supposed to go? Does it matter which GPU power cable out of the two I put this cable into? Also, why does this need to be done? I don't know anything about electrical engineering, but needing to do this just doesn't make any sense to me, which is why I've been sitting on my M2427 so long without using it.
Looking at this post I have a doubt about how to install the M2427. I'm using also 2 of your GPU power connector and the open pin is the number 8, not the number 7. Can i use #8 as the #7?

Thanks

Tossy

Average Stuffer
May 3, 2018
@Thehack I have moved to a new case and now the wires connecting to the PSU are too short.
Is it possible to desolder the wires and solder longer ones to it? What are the chances something gets damaged in the process?
I have to add that except of some self-learned splicing I haven't any soldering experience.
But I dislike the look of splicing or using a extension cord.

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
@Thehack I have moved to a new case and now the wires connecting to the PSU are too short.
Is it possible to desolder the wires and solder longer ones to it? What are the chances something gets damaged in the process?
I have to add that except of some self-learned splicing I haven't any soldering experience.
But I dislike the look of splicing or using a extension cord.

It would be difficult without a vacuum gun.

I would recommend you solder extension and use heatshrink.

Tossy

Average Stuffer
May 3, 2018
Thanks for your advice. I suspected it wouldn't be that easy.
Might go for M2426 as that would solve my problems without soldering.

Cyclo16

Cable Smoosher
Jun 2, 2018
Hello,

I had the chance to get a "used" J-hack M2427 in my country (France). The problem is that the J-hack is for "Gold series" and I just see while clearing my cables that I have an SF 600 PLATINUM. :( I tried to read the maximum pages of the thread but I didn't clearly understand what is the thing to do to make the Gold J-Hack compatible with Platinum SF600. I saw that wire senses had to be hooked ? and on the shop pages I just saw that "additionnal wires need to be connected to GPU".

Can someone help me on that please ? Is there a simple method to do the trick ?

In France, import fees are very expensive, and at the end, getting a new one cost more than double the price.
Also, I am very familiar with electronics, solder circuit design etc .. so doing some modification wouldn't be hard If I can know what to do.

Thank you so much for anyhelp.
C.

Last edited:

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Hello,

I had the chance to get a "used" J-hack M2427 in my country (France). The problem is that the J-hack is for "Gold series" and I just see while clearing my cables that I have an SF 600 PLATINUM. :( I tried to read the maximum pages of the thread but I didn't clearly understand what is the thing to do to make the Gold J-Hack compatible with Platinum SF600. I saw that wire senses had to be hooked ? and on the shop pages I just saw that "additionnal wires need to be connected to GPU".

Can someone help me on that please ? Is there a simple method to do the trick ?

In France, import fees are very expensive, and at the end, getting a new one cost more than double the price.
Also, I am very familiar with electronics, solder circuit design etc .. so doing some modification wouldn't be hard If I can know what to do.

Thank you so much for anyhelp.
C.

Hey,

You need some basic supplies in making custom wires. The instructions were covered/discussed back on page 8. I'll post it here:

You need to make a few very short wires and wire it according to the diagram.

Cyclo16

Cable Smoosher
Jun 2, 2018
Hey,

You need some basic supplies in making custom wires. The instructions were covered/discussed back on page 8. I'll post it here:

You need to make a few very short wires and wire it according to the diagram.

Hi,

Thank you so much for your answer :)
It is all clear now.
I'll start working on it !!

Last edited:

Tossy

Average Stuffer
May 3, 2018
@Thehack
I just have one additional question. As described a few posts earlier I need longer cables for the 2427.
As discussed I'll splice extension to the four soldered wires (using 17 AWG)
But I want to make new ones for the 3 smaller wires which go into the white connector. You used 20 AWG for these. I have only 23 AWG at home and don't want to order new wire.
I expect that using 23 instead of 20 AWG shouldn't be a problem as these are only low amperage wires (ps on, 5V USB, e.g.)? Or should I use a lower AWG?

Thx in advance!

Reactions: lalaboi

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
@Thehack
I just have one additional question. As described a few posts earlier I need longer cables for the 2427.
As discussed I'll splice extension to the four soldered wires (using 17 AWG)
But I want to make new ones for the 3 smaller wires which go into the white connector. You used 20 AWG for these. I have only 23 AWG at home and don't want to order new wire.
I expect that using 23 instead of 20 AWG shouldn't be a problem as these are only low amperage wires (ps on, 5V USB, e.g.)? Or should I use a lower AWG?

Thx in advance!
23 way is ok

Reactions: Tossy

Arboreal

King of Cable Management
Silver Supporter
Oct 11, 2015
I just saw something from the Streacom booth at Computex that looks like it takes some inspiration from the M2427:
That was my first thought when I saw a photo of the ZS800. It's a shame that @Thehack isn't able to supply 2426 units, I would like at least one to tidy my builds up.
To be fair, Streacom have used DC-ATX in their cases previously.
The up to 250W non fan cooled option is also a useful feature.
This is a good development so long as it is sensibly priced.