Log LZMod A24 V4 Riserless, Brickless 4.5L 4060/7600X/250W GaN

Kaji

Doesn't own a caliper
Original poster
SFFn Staff
Jun 1, 2020
Another 4-5L build featuring midrange hardware, but with a few twists.

Originally, this hardware was destined for a case I was designing but I realized quickly that I simply didn't have the time. Being a 3D modeling novice, this was taking almost all of my free time.
For those interested, I've attached a concept for that at the bottom of this post.

I had two LZMod cases on hand from previous projects, the A24 V4, and the A24 V5. I figured that the A5 was practically designed for this hardware, FlexATX support, dual slot GPU support, so I started building.

Everything fit with ease...Too much ease. There were empty spaces everywhere... It provided perfect compatibility, perfect airflow, but ultimately it felt like I was taking a shortcut.

I looked over at my LZMod A24 V4, which mind you only officially supports a single slot GPU. I took all my hardware including the HDPlex 250W GaN unit leftover from my previous attempt at the 3D printed case, threw it into the v4 as a mock up build and it just felt....right. GPU length filled the case beautifully, I could even add two full height Noctua 80mm fans underneath it filling out that whole bottom area. I don't use 2.5" SSDs so the SSD mounting space was really the only leftover blank area in the case, and I figured I may (with a bit of courage and patience) be able to fit the HDPlex 250W GaN unit in there.

Here is the completed product:

DSC04306.jpg

DSC04308.jpg

DSC04309.jpg

DSC04307.jpg

Power supply modifications:
-I had to remove the casing entirely, it didn't fit.
-I had to remove all power connectors and their housings, they didn't fit.
-I then soldered new leads with custom length cables directly to the PCB, checked twice with multimeter - all good.
-I had to sort a new method of mounting it, while cooling the components on the rear of the PCB the way they were with the original casing.
Pics of PSU transformation:

IMG_1089.jpg IMG_1110.jpg IMG_1115.jpg

GPU modifications:
-I cut the dual slot LP rear panel in half so it could be mounted to the chassis.
-No further modifications other than re-paste/pad.

Case additons:
-Custom rear PSU panel to hide FlexATX mounting and provide a way to run power to the HDPlex unit.

Full BOM:
-LZMod A24 V4
-MSI B650i Edge Wifi
-AMD Ryzen 7600X
-Noctua NH-L12 Ghost S1 Edition
-Gskill Flare X5 32GB 6000MHz C32
-Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB + 2TB
-Gigabyte RTX 4060 LP
-HDPlex 250W GaN
-Thermalright 80x15mm fans x2
-Noctua 80x25mm fans x2

Original case concept (mentioned at the beginning), might continue when time allows:

Screenshot 2024-02-16 at 14.11.52.png

Validifyed

Chassis Packer
May 1, 2017
For all the pictures you have included, I don't think any of them actually show the front of the case 😂

Did you get the case on superbuy? LZmod have some nice looking cases but I've avoided them up until now as all they give you are some CGI pictures and partially translated specifications.

SFFMunkee

King of Cable Management
Jul 7, 2021
shocked jurassic park GIF

My god. It's beautiful

• Love
Reactions: Animag771 and Kaji

Kaji

Doesn't own a caliper
Original poster
SFFn Staff
Jun 1, 2020
For all the pictures you have included, I don't think any of them actually show the front of the case 😂

Did you get the case on superbuy? LZmod have some nice looking cases but I've avoided them up until now as all they give you are some CGI pictures and partially translated specifications.
Got some pics for you!

I replaced the button on the V4 (slightly rattly, and small, think it was 12mm diameter?). Widened the hole and now there's a standard 19mm anti vandal switch with LED.
The V5 pictured below has the stock button which is the same as what the V4 came with but in silver rather than black - Even though the renders online show a red button.

V4 with as it is currently:

IMG_1141.jpg

V5 without any modifications, multiple sides:

PXL_20230820_080543010.JPG PXL_20230820_080616717.JPG
PXL_20230820_080526067.JPG PXL_20230820_080600516.JPG

And one comparison pic with the V4 and V5 side by side:

PXL_20230827_005835854.JPG

Both ordered from Aliexpress delivered to Japan without any issues
Let me know if you have any further questions.

Animag771

Caliper Novice
Feb 24, 2024
Very nicely done!

I thought about using the 4060 LP for my 4L brickless build but it was too long so I had to go with a single fan version and just find a way to make it fit.

I'm glad I'm not the only one cutting IO brackets on brand new GPUs.

Kaji

Doesn't own a caliper
Original poster
SFFn Staff
Jun 1, 2020
Looks like temps are within spec. Have you undervolted the CPU or GPU?
CPU was on 65W ECO mode (90W approx max package) and GPU was completely stock in this screenshot 👍
Mostly because of the PSU's 250W limit, I'm sure the Noctua NH-L12 could handle more.

All fans were @ 30-40% PWM besides the GPU.

Validifyed

Chassis Packer
May 1, 2017
Got some pics for you!

I replaced the button on the V4 (slightly rattly, and small, think it was 12mm diameter?). Widened the hole and now there's a standard 19mm anti vandal switch with LED.
The V5 pictured below has the stock button which is the same as what the V4 came with but in silver rather than black - Even though the renders online show a red button.

V4 with as it is currently:

View attachment 3253

V5 without any modifications, multiple sides:

View attachment 3249 View attachment 3251
View attachment 3248 View attachment 3250

And one comparison pic with the V4 and V5 side by side:

View attachment 3252

Both ordered from Aliexpress delivered to Japan without any issues
Let me know if you have any further questions.
Damn that is some really nice engineering. Thanks for the info - had no idea you could buy these on Aliexpress.

Reactions: Kaji