CPU Low Profile CPU Cooler round up

IntoxicatedPuma

Customizer of Titles
Original poster
SFFn Staff
Feb 26, 2016
Whoa, that layout looks exactly like titan's one! Along with 46mm height and 130W max TDP it seems to be a Titan's twin!

Check out the model number in the upper left corner, I'm 99% certain it is the exact same cooler.

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
Errr.. this is what I got:

IntoxicatedPuma

Customizer of Titles
Original poster
SFFn Staff
Feb 26, 2016
yeah the phone side's pretty buggy. changing between clockspped tabs does nothing for me ._.

It does nothing on Desktop too right now, I'll update it in an hour or so.

edit:

I updated the sheet so it has more room to display, I also condensed the two graphs into one with 3 tabs. Other info is updated in the OP.

Last edited:

firewolfy

Master of Cramming
Nov 12, 2015
Are you planning to test larger footprint coolers like the Big Shuriken2, NH-L12(s) and AXP-100 that are still short enough for sff?

Edit -- They might be more competitive with coolers like the nh-L9x65.

CC Ricers

Shrink Ray Wielder
Bronze Supporter
Nov 1, 2015
Damn, I may just buy the Scythe Jitte from English Taobao and sell my Noctua.

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
Suggestion: RPM and/or acoustic information of the fans would be helpful as it provides a rather absolute comparison value compared to RPM percentage.

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
@IntoxicatedPuma , in this post you mentioned that the ID Cooling IS-40 V3 was still the king of low profile coolers. What's your opinion after seeing these test data that you have? (At a glance the Scythe Jitte looks better, perhaps I'm missing something?)

Btw thanks for fixing, the graphs look OK now.

IntoxicatedPuma

Customizer of Titles
Original poster
SFFn Staff
Feb 26, 2016
I'd have to change my mind and say it is definitely not the king. My previous testing was done with a G3258 and it seems the results have changed with the i5 4690k. I'm thinking to disable two cores on the 4690k and see what kind of results I get because they are definitely different from what I got before. I am also curious to see if the 8700k has a difference vs the 4690k. I would say the Scythe Jitte is definitely a top contender (the buzzing fans are still annoying), but the C7 is also in a good spot. The Thermolab's performance as stock was a bit disappointing but with the Noctua fans it seems to do better.

Last edited:

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
So based on the charts, it seems that the top contenders for +- 45mm-tall CPU cooler are still the usual suspects: Cryorig C7, ID Cooling IS-40 V3, Thermolab LP53, as well as the newcomer Scythe Jitte.

IntoxicatedPuma

Customizer of Titles
Original poster
SFFn Staff
Feb 26, 2016
What version of Prime95 are you using? v26.6?

28.7 or newer, I can't remember exactly which one.

So based on the charts, it seems that the top contenders for +- 45mm-tall CPU cooler are still the usual suspects: Cryorig C7, ID Cooling IS-40 V3, Thermolab LP53, as well as the newcomer Scythe Jitte.

That would sound about right. The NH-L9i with a NF-A9 fan would also technically fit into this category, but you can see on the results it's trailing the others by a fair margin.