Loque Ghost S1 Build (Advice)

Clark

Case Bender
Original poster
New User
May 24, 2020
Thank you in advance for any advice, this will be my first SFF build and I am looking forward to it.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700X/3600 - Can't decided which would be better for temps with my air cooler. I don't really plan on overclocking at this moment in time, I do plan on undervolting to lower temps if possible. (Plan on doing gaming and content creation on YT)

Mobo: ASUS X570-I/ B550i - Debating which would be a better fit for my CPU Cooler.

CPU Cooler: AXP 100-Copper/ID Cooling IS-60/ NH-L12S - Really just a toss up to which would be better and would have less fan noise as well with good temps and fit easily and comfortably in the Ghost S1. I will be switching out the stock fans of these coolers with the 15mm Noctua Chromax Fan.

GPU: 2070 Super - Really debating on which brand GPU would be better for noise and temps in my Ghost S1, I do plan on undervolting, any advice in this area would be welcome.

RAM: 16GB HyperX Fury Low Profile 3600MHZ DDR4 CL17

PSU: SFX 600 Wat 80 Platinum

Storage: M.2. 1 TB SSD

Thermal Paste: Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut

If you also have any first time builder advice as it pertains to building in a Ghost S1, I'd appreciate it. I have done a lot of research and watched a lot of video's on youtube.

Truth

Formerly TutorialIsland
Mar 19, 2020
Go for a b450 or b550 board, the extra benefits of an x570 are fairly useless currently as we’re barely reaching the bottlenecks of pci3 and as such have yet to reach a true showing of the power involved in pci4, aside from one or two 8k speed ssds. Speaking of ssds, make sure yours is either tlc or mlc, don’t cheap out and save the extra 30-40 on qlc because it will die faster, also make sure your drive is nvme (m) so that you can install windows on it. Would also drop your cpu to the 2600 or 3300x IF you’re mainly gaming so that you can put that money into your gpu and get a 2080 super, which is 80% the performance of the ti model above it for half the price. Your ram has to be changed, you picked a good MHZ of 3600 but the cas latency is 1 point too high and may cause some latency issues, I would shoot for CL15-16 on 3600 and Cl14-15 on 3200mhz. Do the NH-L12S, optimumtechs video did a good showing of how well it can perform.

duq

Chassis Packer
Apr 4, 2020
I say go for Intel. I had a R3600 and 3600MHz RAM with 16CL with a Cryorig C1 and found it much too hot.

Glint

Master Lurker
Jul 20, 2018
Not sure if you've purchased the case yet, but if you haven't, then wait for the release of the MkIII coming out in early Q3 according to Louqe. Wasn't aware of an upcoming release when I'd purchased mine earlier this year. So suffering from FOMO right now XD.