Enclosure looking for case

danielbatmanj

Average Stuffer
Original poster
May 16, 2016
i'm looking for a nice mitx case, tower style (taller then it is wider), but all the good ones i'm finding don't have 3.5" drive support. what are some good small cases with 3.5" drive support?
(i already know the m1 and the rvz02 but i would like other options)

zovc

King of Cable Management
Jan 5, 2017
This list is dated, but it's a good starting point. That said, there are lots of mini-ITX cases that can accommodate a 3.5" drive.

Could you perhaps specify what you're looking for a bit more? Even with that overall shape, there are a fair amount of options. Are you looking for something that is "premium" and looks great? Are you looking for something as-small-as possible? Are you trying to include a video card?

danielbatmanj

Average Stuffer
Original poster
May 16, 2016
This list is dated, but it's a good starting point. That said, there are lots of mini-ITX cases that can accommodate a 3.5" drive.

Could you perhaps specify what you're looking for a bit more? Even with that overall shape, there are a fair amount of options. Are you looking for something that is "premium" and looks great? Are you looking for something as-small-as possible? Are you trying to include a video card?
i do have a video card, and i want something that is tower like, but it doesnt have to be i just dont want one of those long and short cases.

zovc

King of Cable Management
Jan 5, 2017
What size is your video card?

I think Lian-Li's PC-05 (and its entire series) is absolutely gorgeous, but it's a lot bigger than what most people are looking for here. It's still technically a mini-ITX case.

jtd871

SFF Guru
Jun 22, 2015
Daniel,

Suggest that you put your parts list together in PCartPicker or similar, turn on compatibility, and let the service show you a selection of cases that would work. Understanding your aesthetic is best done by you.

FWIW, The FT03 mini supports 1 3.5" drive, and made my short list before I decided to back the DAN A4. It's not inexpensive (still way cheaper than the A4), but it is unique.

eth0lo

Caliper Novice
Aug 17, 2016
My last sff pc was in ml08, that case have plenty of space inside, if you want dvd/bluray maybe a little hard to cable management, definitely customs cables there, will help a lot.