Other Small Form Factor mITX NAS

Bruman

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Feb 24, 2017
Hey All

I currently have an ITX mobo, cpu and memory. I bought this second hand for cheap since I wanted to build a NAS to house the 4TB hard drives I bought but could never use (my normal Z68 mobo is too old for UEFI, and BIOS only supports drives up to 2TB) but would love to have a case that is as small as possible. Anyone know of a case out there that houses at least 4 3.5" drives and an ITX mobo? I have found this and it looks pretty small and compact, but was wondering if there was something out that that is smaller, maybe taller and thinner.

Revenant

Christopher Moine - Senior Editor SFF.N
Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
NCASE M1 will hold up to 5 3.5 drives if you order an extra drive bracket. It will also hold 2 or 3 2.5 drives with the 5 3.5 drives in place.

In fact, without using a GPU, you might be able to double stack or more the bottom drives and make more space.

Reactions: Phuncz

Thestarkiller32

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 13, 2017
Hey All

I currently have an ITX mobo, cpu and memory. I bought this second hand for cheap since I wanted to build a NAS to house the 4TB hard drives I bought but could never use (my normal Z68 mobo is too old for UEFI, and BIOS only supports drives up to 2TB) but would love to have a case that is as small as possible. Anyone know of a case out there that houses at least 4 3.5" drives and an ITX mobo? I have found this and it looks pretty small and compact, but was wondering if there was something out that that is smaller, maybe taller and thinner.

something like this got style if you dont mind the 2,5" bays:

http://www.silverstonetek.com/product.php?area=de&pid=550

Last edited:
Reactions: Phuncz and Soul_Est

Tyki

Chassis Packer
Sep 29, 2016
While not the smallest possible, a good consumer option is the Fractal Node 304, which holds up to 6 hard drives in a small package.

Reactions: Phuncz