Enclosure looking for cases

danielbatmanj

Average Stuffer
Original poster
May 16, 2016
So I am looking to downsize my build, and I am in need of a case. My only problem is my 3.5 in HDD, which seems to be limiting my options. Right now I have only found one case that meets my requirements (the silverstone ML08), but I would like more options.
Here are the requirements:

Similar style to cases like the node 202 and the RVZ02
Has a place for a 3.5 in drive

I'm also looking for another build, where I take my current PC, take out the GPU, and turn it into a NUC like machine. So for this case I'm looking for a case similar to this one from silverstone: http://www.silverstonetek.com/product.php?pid=722&area=en except it uses a standard itx motherboard, as the CPU is socket FM2+, and there are no thin-itx boards for that socket as far as I am aware.

Thanks for your help.

zovc

King of Cable Management
Jan 5, 2017
I believe the Sentry and a few other cases with a similar layout have room for 3.5" drives. These might call upon you to use an ITX GPU, as if I remember correclty a lot of cases with this layout have mounting points towards the "end" of the GPU.

I think the Silverstone Sugo cases have room for a 3.5" drive.

Finally, it would be additional cost, but it might just be worth investing in a case you like more and a 2.5" HDD (a few 2.5" drives!) that can fit in it. I think 2.5" drives can get as large as 5TB!

Reactions: Phuncz and stree

zovc

King of Cable Management
Jan 5, 2017
For your second computer, Streacom has a lot of passively-cooled (no fans) cases which I think of as "NUC-like" for ITX systems. A few other manufacturers have made cases in a similar manner, but that's Streacom's shtick. Here's a HardwareCanucks video of them trying to overclock a CPU in one of Streacom's more popular cases--a few users here have build logs using some of their cases, too.

Reactions: Phuncz

SumGhai

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 14, 2016
I think the RVZ02, RVZ03, and their Milo counterparts have 3.5" drive support next to the GPU. Are you looking for a different case that's not the RVZ02 line then?