Looking for an advice - small mATX solution with watercooling

lowkey

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Jul 15, 2019
Hello,

i was looking for a solution for my current + future system.

+ very small
+ silent at least in browsing/idle
+ matx, maybe itx later
+ watercooled

At the moment i am using my 9900k + 1080ti in a selfmade case with an external Mora3 . Its very silent and very not transportable.

First i was thinking about an Ghost S1 or Streacom DA2 with 2 Radiators, but i think 2x 240mm wont be enough. In my experimantel 2nd pc (8700k+2070) its getting very hot. Undervolting is on, but at 300w the gpu goes up to 75°.

Is there any "small" case with much watercooling available? Any ideas or suggestions?

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
Have you considered a split solution with both internal and external rads? Internal for portability (with higher temps or possibly lower clocks for when you need to use it away from home) with an external rad with quick disconnect fittings for home use? When you need to go, just unplug the external rad and connect the two loose ends in the case to complete the loop. Or just have the external connections branch off the main loop with an external pump added alongside the rad, and you wouldn't need to reconfigure anything.

Beyond that, there aren't many good mATX cases out there sadly; its kind of the neglected child of the PC form factor family. The Cerberus is nicely portable and should support a decent amount of water cooling, but that's the only one I can remember off the top of my head.

Reactions: ZivZulander

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019
Hello,

i was looking for a solution for my current + future system.

+ very small
+ silent at least in browsing/idle
+ matx, maybe itx later
+ watercooled

At the moment i am using my 9900k + 1080ti in a selfmade case with an external Mora3 . Its very silent and very not transportable.

First i was thinking about an Ghost S1 or Streacom DA2 with 2 Radiators, but i think 2x 240mm wont be enough. In my experimantel 2nd pc (8700k+2070) its getting very hot. Undervolting is on, but at 300w the gpu goes up to 75°.

Is there any "small" case with much watercooling available? Any ideas or suggestions?
The Cerberus is your best bet here. Supports dual 240mm radiators, has lots of good space, traditional layout, and full ATX PSU support if you need it. Lots of example builds of people doing custom loops in it for reference, as well.

lowkey

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Jul 15, 2019
Cerberus will be expensive and not available in short times.

I already have 2 external radiators + connectors.

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
NZXT H510i? Does atx and is smallish.
... that's a 40l case. That is in no way "smallish". The Cerberus X fits everything that fits at literally half the volume. You're new here, so you're likely not used to the norms here, but there are no small mainstream ATX cases by SFF standards. Not even close. Heck, my H200 is much smaller than the H510, and is still quite large (especially for an ITX case!) seeing how it's nearly 7l bigger than the Cerberus X.

Reactions: Amathophobia