Hi there

Hey from Australia,

I am a long time nerd, gamer from way back but mostly just use my PC for some casual gaming and mostly music these days.

I have always liked the idea of small PC's and it started about 10 years ago when I built my gaming rig in mATX form in a Silverstone Fortress dust can case.

This was the mATX vertical mount with everything hanging out the top.

At the time having a rig with a GTX780 and i5 2500k seemed nuts in an mATX, at least to most of the people I hung around, who were of the thought bigger was better. Somewhat true until my PC went toe to toe with theirs.

Somewhat recently I finally upgraded this very PC to an ncase m1 air cooled running an i5 8600k and Zotac GTX1080 mini.

This lasted approximately a month and was upgraded to a 1080ti founders card and an i7 8700k.

I found the noise of the blower card unbearable and my D9L was struggling with keeping my 8700k under control, so I ended up delidding the 8700k and putting an Accellero 3 on the 1080ti. This netted great results themally.

I then got the watercooling bug. Thought I would try build my first loop in the ncase.
My ncase m1 now houses a Custom loop (basically all EK apart from the 92mm rear rad).

It has been an expensive but fun steep upgrade path but it has settled down now with the exception of plans to try integrate another radiator or some full sized bottom fans with the assistance of some 3d printing voodoo I see popping up around these forums.

Any questions ask away.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Welcome to our forum ! I've had a similar path as you had with the Ncase M1: first install some components, optimize the cooling components to max, switch to watercooling. I did go back to air-cooling though as the watercooling wasn't convincing me noise-wise and I also had a leak in the GPU block within a year.

Wyd4

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Oct 21, 2018
Welcome to our forum ! I've had a similar path as you had with the Ncase M1: first install some components, optimize the cooling components to max, switch to watercooling. I did go back to air-cooling though as the watercooling wasn't convincing me noise-wise and I also had a leak in the GPU block within a year.

Hey there,

Thanks for the warm welcome.
I must say, the ncase on air is fantastic and in some ways I wish I had left it be, but I am happy with the water-cooling results, price to performance is terrible by comparison though.

I think I would go back to air if I weren't so heavily invested in water cooling components now.

The ncase strikes that middle ground between small and practical.

If I were to have my time again I would likely either go all one way or the other. Dancase or Cerberus. Full sff or sli.

I had actually considered sli in the ncase using one vertical and one regular mount GPU and would have likely tried it if not for the sli dramas

Anyway I am not sure why it took me so long to actually create an account here but I finally made it

Reactions: Phuncz