Production Lazer3D LZ7 - Quiet Gaming Cube PC Case

Biowarejak

Maker of Awesome | User 1615
Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
Looks like it pay to have custom length sleeved cables made to reduce the bit of the cable clutter but overall very awesome looking!
You aren't wrong, and I prefer the sleeved look myself, but some people don't because it does add some bulk.

T_Tank

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 16, 2017
well I could imagine bulk could be reduced cause less cables all bunched up an cleaner runs. Thats my one gripe with my rz02b with my asus am3 itx mobo with where the main psu connection is then the 4 pin such a mess even with cables behind the board!

multi

Efficiency Noob
Apr 6, 2017

The fins of the radiator should be located along the air flow, the cooling efficiency will increase substantially. It is necessary to turn the radiator to 90 *. Or move the fan to the other side of the case. The fan going in the complete set with a radiator is obviously a little and it not completely blows out because of the power unit.

Last edited:
Reactions: K888D

cmyk78

Master of Cramming
Jun 7, 2016
The fins of the radiator should be located along the air flow, the cooling efficiency will increase substantially. It is necessary to turn the radiator to 90 *. Or move the fan to the other side of the case. The fan going in the complete set with a radiator is obviously a little and it not completely blows out because of the power unit.
He mentioned that it won't fit in that orientation.

Reactions: Biowarejak

K888D

SFF Guru
Original poster
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
I can't remember whether it was the fan itself or the heatpipes, but L12 fouled on the ram and rear IO when lined up with the side fan, I agree though that would be the better setup if your motherboard allows it.

The C7 should work in any orientation, as far as I'm aware it's square like the NH-L9i and so should work any way round.

Reactions: Biowarejak

multi

Efficiency Noob
Apr 6, 2017
And if the power supply is turned over, so that hot air from the processor passes through the power supply? It will be necessary to select the sfx power supply, low heating and low-noise. Silverstone SX700-LPT 700W for example.

Last edited:

K888D

SFF Guru
Original poster
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
And if the power supply is turned over, so that hot air from the processor passes through the power supply?
Flipping the PSU is something I haven't experimented with, your nore than welcome to try it though!

You would need to flip the CPU fan upside down aswell to push the CPU heat out the PSU, but I suspect what will happen is the PSU fan will spin up allot sooner than it normally would and most likely become the loudest part of your build. All speculation though.

However, one potential airflow combo could be to have PSU upside down (this will only work with semi-fanless models), use downdraft CPU cooler which draws cool air in through PSU, but also set the 140mm case fan as an exhaust to create negative pressure setup, this will assist with pulling air in through the PSU. You may find an issue once the PSU fan starts spinning countering the CPU fan airflow direction and creating turbulence noise, but a good semi-fanless model such as the Corsair SF450 should have no issue remaining fanless even under full stress of an i7 and GTX 1070 when it's cooled sufficiently, at least in my experience with these units anyway.

multi

Efficiency Noob
Apr 6, 2017
I can't remember whether it was the fan itself or the heatpipes, but L12 fouled on the ram and rear IO when lined up with the side fan, I agree though that would be the better setup if your motherboard allows it.

The C7 should work in any orientation, as far as I'm aware it's square like the NH-L9i and so should work any way round.

Should come up.

Or use an extension cable to expand the available killer models for installation. But then you need to expand the case constructively by 2-3 sentiment.

However, one potential airflow combo could be to have PSU upside down (this will only work with semi-fanless models), use downdraft CPU cooler which draws cool air in through PSU, but also set the 140mm case fan as an exhaust to create negative pressure setup, this will assist with pulling air in through the PSU. You may find an issue once the PSU fan starts spinning countering the CPU fan airflow direction and creating turbulence noise, but a good semi-fanless model such as the Corsair SF450 should have no issue remaining fanless even under full stress of an i7 and GTX 1070 when it's cooled sufficiently, at least in my experience with these units anyway.

This is not a problem you can simply fan the fans and in the power supply too.

Last edited:
Reactions: K888D

K888D

SFF Guru
Original poster
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
This is just a quick update with some photos of the new ‘Radial’ vent style:

Noise wise the Radial vent is fairly quiet but not the quietest, it sits somewhere between the Cyclone and Aero Vents, with the Cyclone being quietest and the Aero being loudest. This is referring to the turbulence noise created by the fan blades running past the vent cutouts.

In terms of airflow and therefore resulting thermal performance, again it sits in between the Cyclone and the Aero vents, with Cyclone offering the most airflow and best thermals. Some of you are not keen on the Cyclone vent aesthetics, but perhaps this Radial style vent may be more up your street, this vent style offers more of an ‘all rounder’ approach in terms of aesthetics, noise and airflow.

The new prototypes also include the updated IO design, this change in direction from the last revision was due to community feedback, most people preferred the power and reset buttons to be physical buttons:​

The power LED lights up the power button when the computer is on, the camera I am using struggles to show this properly and the photos show the light up button a bit over bright, but to the naked eye the recessed power symbol gives a nice highlighted glow effect:​

Another view of the case in white, shown next to a Steam controller for scale purposes:

Closeup of the GPU side panel with Radial style vents, behind the vents you can see the black and orange colour scheme of the Gigabyte GTX 1070 ITX graphics card:

Another improvement for the next version of the LZ7 is the 2x 2.5″ Storage Drive mounting panel, it now includes cutouts for increased compatibility with Sata Power cables, along with some extra screw holes and cutout for mounting a 2.5″ drive sideways, this is useful if you want some extra space in the top of the case for cable routing or airflow, etc:​

This is my favorite game at the moment called Battlegrounds, it’s a Battle Royale 100 player last man standing game, so much fun and I highly recommend checking it out. Add me on Steam if you want to play a round or 2 (kgdolan888), my Battlegrounds tag is K888D.

Updated IO corner Column with new large style power and reset buttons. You can also see here the new corner pieces will have the option for metal threads:

Side view of the LZ7 in Black with Radial style vent side panel, you can also see the power and activity LED’s shining through the button perforations:

Stress testing the new Radial vents for noise and airflow performance:​

Rear view of LZ7 showing updated serial number panel, I may reduce the logo in size as it’s a bit overbearing:​

Another view of the rear also showing the radial vent design again:

Progress has been slower than hoped for making the next batch available and I apologise to anyone who has been waiting a while to buy one, your patience is much appreciated.

I am working towards a major announcement which I am hoping I can reveal before the end of April, stay tuned for more information and thank you to you all for your continued support.​

Ceros_X

King of Cable Management
Mar 8, 2016
I really like the looks of the new vent design pattern - the all black version is amazing. Great work!

(I agree the larhe logo is a but over the tip - maybe if it wasnt whut it would be OK at that size)