Production Lazer3D HT5 - Low Profile APU Case

K888D

SFF Guru
Original poster
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
K888D I love the design of the case, did you use a software to designthe case? If so what software did you use?

Thanks! I use SolidWorks, I find it to be the best all round package.

In times like these, when we have to wait for a product to come to fruition, the best we can do is meditate with our wallets.

Ha ha, hopefully with this case the damage to your wallet shouldn't be too bad!

Working as hard as I can to get this out! Prototypes are complete, shipping 2 of them tomorrow, waiting for confirmation from the third person.

Reactions: Phuncz

K888D

SFF Guru
Original poster
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com

Just watched the review by Unicorn Reviews and it looks amazing!

Waiting sucks :(

Thanks for sharing!

Just to clarify, every HT5 case will be supplied with 2 rear panels for supporting with or without low profile dual slot expansion cards. I sent Unicorn Reviews only the rear panel for integrated graphics and forgot to mention there is another panel, doh!

Also, 2 of the 3 prototypes have been shipped, looking forward to hearing your feedback and seeing the builds.

Feingeist

Chassis Packer
Mar 4, 2018
Hallo LAZER3D congrats from Germany here,
I just sign in to say i fall in love with your beautiful case. Itˋs one of my favorite case for my further Htpc project.
I like the posibility to take coolers more than 50mm height.
And extremly important after watching the video my wife says“ Thats the most beautiful case i have seen here around.... You can buy it.;).
(Please let me know where to buy,and the price, maybe by PN)
After all is there a possibillity to have a USB 3/ or a cut out at the side panel under the Power Button?

Bert
( Hope You can read my School englisch ive learned 30 j ago)​

Reactions: owliwar and K888D

K888D

SFF Guru
Original poster
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
Hallo LAZER3D congrats from Germany here,
I just sign in to say i fall in love with your beautiful case. Itˋs one of my favorite case for my further Htpc project.
I like the posibility to take coolers more than 50mm height.
And extremly important after watching the video my wife says“ Thats the most beautiful case i have seen here around.... You can buy it.;).
(Please let me know where to buy,and the price, maybe by PN)
After all is there a possibillity to have a USB 3/ or a cut out at the side panel under the Power Button?

Bert
( Hope You can read my School englisch ive learned 30 j ago)​

Welcome to the forum! I appreciate the comments and say thank you to your wife for me. Your english is great by the way :)

Unfortunately I was not able to fit front IO (USB / Audio) onto this case without making some serious sacrifices to the design elsewhere, sorry!

With regards to price and availability: I am hoping to launch it around the end of Q2 this year, it will be available to buy through Overclockers UK for those who live in Europe or the US, for the rest of the world it can be ordered direct through the Lazer3D website once available.

Reactions: Feingeist

K888D

SFF Guru
Original poster
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
Some of you may have seen that I've been working together with @owliwar to bring his Project Gregory and hopefully other future cases into production, I am happy to announce that he has joined the Lazer3D team. Owliwar is a very talented and artistic designer, his styling compliments the Lazer3D brand really well and I'm very much looking forward to working together to bring his products to market.

One of first areas of our focus has been creating a brand that will work across the future product range. For the HT5 there will be 4 style variations available initially, they are:

HT5 Stealth - All black case with dark tinted top window panel
HT5 Timber - White case with Oak wood front panel and clear top window panel
HT5 Graphite - Grey case with brushed metallic front panel and dark tinted top window panel
HT5 Bourbon - Black case with Walnut wood front panel and clear top window panel

These "styles" may cross over into other products, and styles from future products may cross back into current products.

As the wood and metallic material is much more expensive than the Acrylic, there will be a small price difference between the different versions as follows:

Stealth = £85
Timber and Graphite = £90
Bourbon = £95

Prices are not set in stone, but are on track to be achieved. Prices include 20% VAT, which means if you live outside the EU you can deduct 20% from the price above. At current exchange rate that would mean for US residents the HT5 Stealth price would be $98 + shipping.

ebc92

Average Stuffer
Mar 4, 2018
Very nice looking case!

In light of the recent APU's released by AMD, i've been looking for a case like this to use in a "tiny tower" build.
The games i play does typically not warrant high-end GPU's, and with the recent Raven Ridge APU's i'm able to get by without one.
As a computer enthusiast i'm not willing to give up the airflow, modularity and the functional aspect that a tower can deliver. Coupled with the small desk footprint of a miniaturized tower could, with support for vertical orientation, make this a perfect case for the build i'm looking to do. I'm also loving the clean I/O-less look of the blacked out version - seeing it as i would use it as any other tower case, the rear I/O is sufficient for me.

I will be following this project as it develops further. Are there any renders available for the 4 proposed style variations?

Last edited:

K888D

SFF Guru
Original poster
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
Very nice looking case!

In light of the recent APU's released by AMD, i've been looking for a case like this to use in a "tiny tower" build.
The games i play does typically not warrant high-end GPU's, and with the recent Raven Ridge APU's i'm able to get by without one.
As a computer enthusiast i'm not willing to give up the airflow, modularity and the functional aspect that a tower can deliver. Coupled with the small desk footprint of a miniaturized tower could, with support for vertical orientation, make this a perfect case for the build i'm looking to do. I'm also loving the clean I/O-less look of the blacked out version - seeing it as i would use it as any other tower case, the rear I/O is sufficient for me.

I will be following this project as it develops further. Are there any renders available for the 4 proposed style variations?

Thanks and welcome to the forum!

This is all I've had time to put together for now, from left to right - HT5 Timber, HT5 Stealth, HT5 Bourbon:

HT5 Graphite (final version will have grey side panels):

ebc92

Average Stuffer
Mar 4, 2018
The stealth version looks truly sick! Very excited to see these hit retail. Has the case/temps been tested with a non-vented side panel, and will such a panel be a purchase option?

Edit: Considering the multi-orientation support - by 'side panel' i mean the acrylic glass panel.

Last edited:

owliwar

Master of Cramming
Lazer3D
Apr 7, 2017
Hi guys!
Its a honor being part of the Lazer3D team and I can say that working with @K888D I got to learn a quite lot.
Our collaboration already gave very positive results in development of our projects, mine especially, and I'll keep doing my best to help lazer3D in its future achievements!

That is great news, I absolutely love @owliwar designs. His use of wood is incredible.

Also, thank you very much! :)

jujudk

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 1, 2017
Hi guys!
Its a honor being part of the Lazer3D team and I can say that working with @K888D I got to learn a quite lot.
Our collaboration already gave very positive results in development of our projects, mine especially, and I'll keep doing my best to help lazer3D in its future achievements!

Also, thank you very much! :)
Project gregory is still underway then ? (just asking, i like both designs personnally =p )

Reactions: Biowarejak