K888D

SFF Guru
Original poster
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
Another quick update:

For all those who like your RGB, the HT5 has you covered:

Also found this nice brushed Aluminium Acrylic material that looks pretty smart on the front panel:

K888D

SFF Guru
Original poster
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
Thanks for all the interest everyone, there's only really 1 spare prototype as the others are needed for testing and photography etc. But due to the interest I'll make 2 more prototypes so there will be a total of 3 for sale with the condition of posting a build on this forum once received.

If your interested please send me a DM, I guess it will need to be first come first serve?! Sorry!

The case design is pretty much finished now, I just need to finalise the details such as putting together an instruction manual and deciding which colour/material combinations to sell, for this I will probably need to do some kind of poll to gauge which combo's have the most interest.

Unlike the LZ7 which is fully customisable, I want the HT5 to have just a few pre-set variants. This will help me to streamline production and keeps costs down.

chewie13

Caliper Novice
Feb 19, 2018
@K888D Hi I would be interested in a prototype also I have a LZ7 that I have modded a little, you posted on TEK Everythings recent video you would like a picture of the build. My avatar is a picture of it. I would love the HT5 to be able to support 3.5" drives (x2) as a alternative to say side fans, I made extra mounting slots for 2.5" and M.2 in the LZ7 by using 3M velcro strips on the side of the PSU. and would love to replace my silverstone HTPC which has 2.5"x2 3.5"x2 and M.2x2 drives.

Reactions: Soul_Est

K888D

SFF Guru
Original poster
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
Welcome to the forum! Thanks for sharing the photo of your build, it looks great!

@K888D Hi I would be interested in a prototype also I have a LZ7 that I have modded a little, you posted on TEK Everythings recent video you would like a picture of the build. My avatar is a picture of it. I would love the HT5 to be able to support 3.5" drives (x2) as a alternative to say side fans, I made extra mounting slots for 2.5" and M.2 in the LZ7 by using 3M velcro strips on the side of the PSU. and would love to replace my silverstone HTPC which has 2.5"x2 3.5"x2 and M.2x2 drives.

The case has around 82mm of height clearance each side, unfortunately this means that a 3.5" HDD will not fit as they are 102mm in width.

The ojnly way I can think you could ift 3.5" drives inside the case would be to lay them flat and maybe double sided tape them to the top panel, but this would likely reduce your CPU height clearance. Sorry! 3.5" drives are so big compared to 2.5" drives, its really difficult to get them to fit.

Reactions: Phuncz and Soul_Est

chewie13

Caliper Novice
Feb 19, 2018
Not a problem they make the fatter 15mm higher capacity 2.5" drives now that I could set up and try instead. will there be mounting holes that we could mount HDD/SSD to on the lid? (I love storage capacity and will be waiting eagerly for this little beauty you are making to be available, Again if you want to sell prototypes I would be very interested)

Last edited:
Reactions: K888D and Soul_Est

kerbastrar

Cable Smoosher
New User
Nov 19, 2017
I am definitely eyeing the all-black one for my new HTPC. Looking good!

Is it pretty much confirmed that there will be no front or side I/O ports? Not that it's going to stop me from purchasing. I'll use a USB hub and USB sound card if I have to. Also, I hope that the power led will be subdued enough as to not be a nuisance in a dark room

Reactions: K888D

KDaddy

Cable Smoosher
Jun 22, 2017
I am definitely eyeing the all-black one for my new HTPC. Looking good!

Is it pretty much confirmed that there will be no front or side I/O ports? Not that it's going to stop me from purchasing. I'll use a USB hub and USB sound card if I have to. Also, I hope that the power led will be subdued enough as to not be a nuisance in a dark room
Got the all black prototype heading my way, so excited to build in it for my living room gaming/media pc!

LiquidHazard

Chassis Packer
May 18, 2017
I need this in my life!!!

Any estimate on when you will have these on sale?

EDIT: Nevermind found your previous estimate

Last edited:
Reactions: K888D

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
In times like these, when we have to wait for a product to come to fruition, the best we can do is meditate with our wallets.

Reactions: TheHig and K888D