eBay Large vapor chambers on Ebay

AleksandarK

/dev/null
May 14, 2017
Nice

Added benefit is that it is Celsia made, so it is a quality one.

I dont see any numbers saying how much watts it can move. Do you have any info?

Reactions: thewizzard1

thewizzard1

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Jan 27, 2017
Nice
Added benefit is that it is Celsia made, so it is a quality one.
I dont see any numbers saying how much watts it can move. Do you have any info?
None that I see, but I just purchased 2 anyways. I'm going to guess between 75 and 150W, judging by size.

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
If you put a heated element on one side of the vapour chamber (ie. CPU/GPU) and a heatsink on the other end, the vapour chamber would very efficiently move the heat from one to the other.

thewizzard1

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Jan 27, 2017
It's also a heat *spreader*, allowing for a normal sized chip to sink heat into the entire surface it's attached to, instead of mostly radiating from the center. The vapor chamber's working fluid (acetone mostly) is far more thermally conductive than most other materials.

Reactions: Phuncz

malaigo

Minimal Tinkerer
Apr 23, 2018
Mine arrived a few days ago. See tape and Apple Magic Keyboard 2 in the picture for approximate dimensions/scale. This one weighs 307.3g (10.8oz). The other side is completely covered with the FCT-730 thermal conductive tape. The small cutout I guess originally is for some tiny device like a laser diode.

Reactions: AleksandarK

thewizzard1

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Jan 27, 2017
Mine arrived a few days ago. See tape and Apple Magic Keyboard 2 in the picture for approximate dimensions/scale. This one weighs 307.3g (10.8oz). The other side is completely covered with the FCT-730 thermal conductive tape. The small cutout I guess originally is for some tiny device like a laser diode.

Nice, what are your plans for it?