Cooling KMPKT Heatsink and Fan Poll

How much would you pay for a full copper L9i style heatsink and fan (i.e. Fair Market Price)?

• Less than 39.99 USD

Votes: 10 4.7%
  • 39.99 USD

Votes: 19 8.9%
  • 44.99 USD

Votes: 31 14.5%
  • 49.99 USD

Votes: 78 36.4%
  • 54.99 USD

Votes: 29 13.6%
  • Over 54.99 USD

Votes: 47 22.0%

• Total voters

Tjo2012

Trash Compacter
Feb 6, 2018
@Kmpkt if you have performance/size ratio you will move units

Part of the issue is that alot of cases are moving to a 92 or 120mm aio support but i think downdraft coolers are a must in cases with no direct mobo cooling still.

I ended up getting the titan cooler and im gonna have to spend another 15 on a fan and mod it for am4

https://m.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from....A0.H0.Xevercool.TRS0&_nkw=evercool+hpl-815EP

Would pay 45 no sweat for a good low profile cooler as the l9i heatsink is mediocre and lp53 is expensive and requires modding

Vlad502

Airflow Optimizer
Nov 4, 2017
I found Cryorig C7 Cu in Germany for 65€ (double compare to the C7), so fair price depends on performance (and manufacturer cost)

https://infogram.com/lowprofile-coolers-1ho16vm1x05n6nq
https://www.funkykit.com/reviews/cooling/cryorig-c7-cu-compact-cpu-cooler-review/3/

Last edited:

el01

King of Cable Management
Jun 4, 2018
I would pay for a really weird "monoblock" air cooler that has a heatsink spanning most of the board, and that also covers the VRMs.

But yeah, a copper L9i is a good idea. Until it comes out, my favorite option (space permitting) for a "low-profile" cooler is a 1u server heatsink.

Reactions: NinoPecorino

rook

Average Stuffer
Jul 9, 2018
Over 54.99 club here! Considering the amount of time I've spend looking for side-by-side comparisons of the Cyorig C7 cu and the lp53, I'd take a proven leader & a slightly higher cost without question.

That said, it would need to prove to me that it can handle the temps of an i7-8700k standard clock or even OC in a compact case and stay around 30 dB at full rpm. Yeah that's asking a lot but the problem I've found is most evaluations don't put enough emphasis on max thermal load. A heatsink may have great performance at 50% cpu usage but at 100%, it's maxed out and I have to live with the thermal throttling. I care more about that than it's mid-range temps.

Side note: I am in build of my new pc. I have a Cryorig C7 cu & plan on getting the lp53 since I think it may actually perform better. Fan swaps will happen & my 8700k is getting the full treatment (delidding, CLM & IHS lapping on both sides o_O). I'm all about this sff arms race :)

Reactions: cmyk78

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
Original poster
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
Things are moving along, albeit slowly. With regards to kit without fan, I'd totally consider it depending on what I can get for a fan once I get to the point of manufacture.

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
Things are moving along, albeit slowly. With regards to kit without fan, I'd totally consider it depending on what I can get for a fan once I get to the point of manufacture.

Can't wait. I'll then do a all KMPKT build in a mini!

Also, If your merge isn't going to have 12v support, can I make one? :D

Reactions: Biowarejak

Kmpkt

Original poster
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
What I am doing with the next version of the Dynamo 360 is adopting the layout I want going forward (2 AC-DC inputs, 2 PCIe Outputs, 4 pin Dynamo Mini/19V Passthrough and JST SATA header like on the Dynamo Mini) but taking a miss on the merging function due to logistics/cost/timing. While it is planned for a future release, a revision of such magnitude will cost me a significant amount of time and money in development that I just can't spare right now. Also I am completely sold out of all Dynamo Mini and Dynamo 360 units at this time and need to get an order in ASAP or risk losing any market momentum I have. As an aside, a huge thanks to everyone who has supported me through the first run of PSUs. It has been even more successful than I'd anticipated and I look forward to bringing you all even better products in the future.

What I will be doing for revision 2.0 is adding a single/dual input mode on the Dynamo 360. In single input mode, DC-IN #1 will power everything including the Dynamo Mini via the 16-24V passthrough as well as SATA (essentially the same function as the version 1.0 unit). Dual AC-DC mode will be activated via jumper and will make it so that DC-IN #1 will power only the PCIe plugs while DC-IN #2 will power SATA and the 16-24V passthrough. While this won't be a true merge, it will allow you to have an HDPlex 400W AC-DC powering your GPU exclusively and then an HDPlex 160W AC-DC (or 80W AC-DC) to power your motherboard/CPU/SATA. The hopes is that by distributing AC-DC load you will be able to keep thermals down inside of smaller enclosure while reasonably being able to build with a 600W power budget.

I am also aiming to have the unit sync power on/off via passthrough or PCIe power draw so that the sync cable is no longer required in any situation. This would also eliminate the rare situations where system power down leaves fans spinning and LEDs on.

As far as doing a merging unit yourself, please feel free to do so and let me know if I can help. While it is still on my radar to do one, I basically spent the first half of the year running myself into the ground financially doing the design and implementation of a SFF based wearable PC platform. I'm rebuilding the war chest between now and the new year having put that project on ice so I can focus on more viable products.

Last edited:

SumGhai

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 14, 2016
What I am doing with the next version of the Dynamo 360 is adopting the layout I want going forward (2 AC-DC inputs, 2 PCIe Outputs, 4 pin Dynamo Mini/19V Passthrough and JST SATA header like on the Dynamo Mini) but taking a miss on the merging function due to logistics/cost/timing.

If I'm just interested in doing a single AC-DC input, either 330W dell brick or 400W HDPlex AC-DC, would I benefit from the new Dynamo 360 revision? Are there any changes and/or improvements on the single AC-DC front?

Kmpkt

Original poster
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
On the single AC-DC front there shouldn't really be any huge functional differences. There is a fix made to the existing syncing function on the new Mini that should eliminate the rare issues that arose with Dynamo Combo 1.0. We are planning to make the sync work differently on Dynamo 360 2.0 but it will be backwards compatible with all prior Dynamo Mini and DC-160ATX units.

Reactions: Biowarejak

dragon50305

Trash Compacter
Jul 3, 2018
Hey Kmpkt! It's been about two weeks since the last update. Has there been any progress? I'm really excited for this project.