CPU KL Pentiums have HT!

ricochet

SFF AFFLICTED
Oct 20, 2016
Now I am torn between KL's G4620 and i3-7100... not much of a difference really for my basic computing needs (email, heavy browser, heavy word, light excel, HD video viewing). Seems like the i3-7300 would be the next logical step from the Pentium G4620 than the i3-7100.

CC Ricers

Shrink Ray Wielder
Bronze Supporter
Nov 1, 2015
Isn't it funny that AMD says all of Ryzen CPU's will be unlocked and Intel all of a sudden is going to have more unlocked Pentiums and with HT? Hmm I wonder... :p

Reactions: ricochet

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
No no, he meant HyperThreading, not overclocking. Though the i3-7350K is a new unlocked processor. Still, Intel's probably going to be waging the war with the X299 platform and Skylake-E to battle Zen, if they need to. But it's Intel, even if AMD Zen is cheaper, more powerful and more power-efficient than all Intel equivalents, Intel can still ride for many years on the reputation-train. And I doubt Zen is a home-run on all fronts.

ricochet

SFF AFFLICTED
Oct 20, 2016
No no, he meant HyperThreading, not overclocking. Though the i3-7350K is a new unlocked processor. Still, Intel's probably going to be waging the war with the X299 platform and Skylake-E to battle Zen, if they need to. But it's Intel, even if AMD Zen is cheaper, more powerful and more power-efficient than all Intel equivalents, Intel can still ride for many years on the reputation-train. And I doubt Zen is a home-run on all fronts.
Gotcha; appreciate the clarification. Leaning towards the G4620 now.

IntoxicatedPuma

Customizer of Titles
Original poster
SFFn Staff
Feb 26, 2016
HT enabled Pentiums @ near 4ghz for half the price of an i3 7350k makes the K i3 seem pointless. I hope AMD releases a quad core Zen for under $120 and forces Intel to drop prices even more. The only reason I can think for the high i3 K price is the fact it will probably be the fastest single threaded processor released so far (assuming it overclocks well), but only just barely.

CC Ricers

Shrink Ray Wielder
Bronze Supporter
Nov 1, 2015
As tempting as it is to upgrade my 4130T to G4560, that also means getting a brand new z270 board and DDR4 ram... wouldn't make sense for saving money anymore, at least for me XD