Log KKSB K1 Build

xrob

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Jun 18, 2020
I recently built a KKSB K1 as an upgrade to my old home computer as i wanted to play some games during lockdown, didnt go crazy with the spec and plays COD MW around 130 FPS on relatively low settings at 1080p.

The case itself was a bit tricky to build but overall I enjoyed the process. Couldnt find any builds anywhere as a guide so i think i got a little lucky with fitting it all in.

Its certainly an upgrade from my i5 3570k and 560 GTX i build 8 years that kept crashing from overheating issues and i was too lazy to really look at the problem because all it was used for was checking emails and online shopping, turned out the bracket for the CPU cooler had broken and was barely touching the CPU ?‍♂️.
  • KKSB K1
  • AMD Ryzen 3600
  • Asus ROG STRIX X570-I
  • Asus ROG STRIX LC 120 AIO (with Noctua 120x15mm)
  • Corsair Vengeance 3200
  • nVidia 2060 mini
  • Corsair SFX 600
  • Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe

xrob

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Jun 18, 2020
Very cool. Is the case designed to use the 120mm AIO or did you DIY?

Yes it was designed to optionally use a 120mm AIO (only uses 3 screws though) or a full length graphics card with a low profile CPU heatsink. I couldnt find much information on how to fit one, so before ordering the parts are checked spacing when the case arrived.

Reactions: rfarmer

xrob

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Jun 18, 2020
Thanks, yes, it is definitely overkill the motherboard, main reason i went with it was the 2 x m.2 slots in case i need more storage, fitting a 2.5" SSD in is possible but very tricky. This was actully they onl board i could get from the x570 range in reasonable time, very poor availability of b450, b550 wasn't around when i built it.

I might upgrade the CPU to a Zen 3 chip if its worth it, but to be honest i hope there're further releases of mini cards to upgrade first, all the newer mini cards are quite a bit longer with the 2 fan heatsinks than the 175mm i have to play with.

Reactions: thelaughingman