choosing wright psu for itx build

nattaphonliesenborgh

Case Bender
Original poster
New User
May 21, 2020
hi

i wanted to do a itx build but i'm having some problems choosing the wright psu for it.
this is what i had in mind for the build components

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3300X processor
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-L9i chromax
Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B450-I GAMING
Memory: G.Skill DDR4 Trident-Z 2x16GB 3600Mhz RGB
Video Card: MSI Radeon RX 5500 XT MECH 8G OC
Storage: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME
Storage: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME
Storage: Seagate BarraCuda 5 TB 2.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive

and as for a case the NFC Skyreach 4 MINI is the one i had in mind if i can get one in the near future because i live in EU and getting one is quite difficult now. however i'm looking for a case which is as small and slim as possible. but i'm having troubles choosing the psu for it. i have looked up for the hdplex 400w or the picobox x500 500w cause i don't know if the 400w is gonna be enough and i have sone trouble finding the wright external dc power source input for that's powerful enough. any thought's for what i can use or what's best?

bichael

Average Stuffer
Dec 17, 2017
Should have started by saying I think there is a video which goes over power options for the S4M so the NFC videos probably the best place to start.

A hdplex 400W dc-atx plus external dell 330w brick is a common option and more than enough power for that build.
You would likely be okay even with the hdplex 200W dc-atx though obviously less headroom and may need a bit of tuning.
Note that hdplex does 200W and 400W ac-dc units as well which can go inside the case to avoid an external brick. Need to check there is space to fit with the GPU though.
Speaking of which I think that GPU is probably too big for the S4M case anyway?

nattaphonliesenborgh

Case Bender
Original poster
New User
May 21, 2020
thanks for the info knowing that the 400w is enough.
as for the gpu should be possible to fit it in the S4M since its 215mm which should just fit the case.
but its probably possible that there are gonna be some slight changes in the parts since next month b550 gonna come out and maybe in september big navi.
but thanks anyway for the info