CPU Kingston HyperX Fury Memory for SFF

cam609lee

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
New User
Apr 27, 2020
Memory lineups like the Corsair Vengeance and G.Skill TridentZ are impossible to use in SFF builds. Heat spreader-less modules (like the G.Skill Aegis or NT series) have the risk of overheating, and have usually less quality specs overall. The Kingston HyperX seems like a good in between balance of the two; it has a heat spreader and very nice specs, but is still very low profile. What are your guys' thoughts on the best SFF memory, and how does the HyperX Fury line up.

Last edited by a moderator:

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
Corsair Vengeance LPX is the default SFF RAM here, 33mm in height and the best availability IMO. There used to be Crucial Ballistix Sport LT at 32mm too, but it is discontinued I think (?). Can't find the product page any more.

Have never used Kingston RAM so can't comment really.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
I think, Corsair LPX is the lowest, at 31mm tall. Kingston HyperX Fury is 34mm. If it fits, Kingston HyperX is also a good choice. Maybe price and availability will be the deciding factor. I have used many Kingston memory before, back to the old old days of buying no-frill no-spreader single stick Kingston.

Reactions: AlexTSG

AlexTSG

Master of Cramming
Jun 17, 2018
www.youtube.com
I've been looking at memory for my next build, and the Kingston HyperX Fury are top of my list. I've been using Kingston RAM for over 20 years and I've never had problems with any of it.

Here's a datasheet for the modules I'm considering with all the measurements, which should be the same for all the Non RGB Fury modules.

I've also found that even though I plan to run the modules at 3600MHz, the 3733MHz looks like a better buy. It still has an XMP profile for 3600MHz, which runs at the same timings as the 3600MHz ones, but according to the spec sheet it supports tighter timings if you set them manually. I think that's worth the $5 difference in price.

Another reason I'm thinking about getting the 3733MHz Fury modules, and this is purely speculation, is that if Kingston are binning their own chips, then you're probably getting some of the best ones, as they don't offer higher speeds in the Fury range. These are SK Hynix DJR based modules.

Last edited: