Prebuilt Zotac EN374070C

LukeD

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Case Designer
Jun 29, 2016
LINK to Zotac's website

This system has been hard to get my hands on.
Been looking at eBay listings from eeeshop and took the risk.
The seller took a while to ship (about 5 days) but eventually sent it via 2-3 Day UPS from Italy. System is brand new, no issues.

I wanted to post some benchmarks and scores as well as some pictures as there Is hardly anything out there in case someone is considering buying it.
I would say that if you're looking at a mid range system like this you're better off with the Minisforum HX99G or HX77G. About 50% cheaper, for only about 20% less performance.
It's quieter too than the Zotac. I'm also sad that they removed the 2.5" disk support, I should have checked that before buying.

I put some Kingston 5600MHz CL40 2x16GB memory (KF556S40IBK2-32) - They are supposed to be rated at that speed at JEDEC settings. However when the system boots it runs the memory at 4800MHz anyway. Please note in the CPU-z screenshots the speed of the memory modules isn't constant and fluctuates anywhere between 900 MHz and 2300 mhz.

What's interesting though is that CPUz lists the CPU as LGA1700. But intel's website has the 13700HX as a FCBGA1964 cpu. I plan on tearing it down at some point and taking more pictures to check, but looking at the backplate where the CPU is, its too fragile to be supporting a socket imho.

Last edited:

LukeD

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Case Designer
Jun 29, 2016
Some more pictures of the machine taken apart and a few comments / observations:

• Both CPU and GPU are soldered onto the motherboard. Zotac has progressively moved from socketed CPUs and MXM style pcie connector for the GPU to both being soldered on. You can see in one of the photos of the CPU, tiny reflections from the BGA solder points.
  • Because of this they moved the front IO, Thunderbolt, SD Card reader, usb port and audio connections to a riser daughter board.
  • Both the CPU and GPU look like they are using vapor chambers for cooling.
  • The GPU looks like it's using a foam shim to protect the Liquid Metal on the GPU from getting out. Ironically you can see a few spots of Liquid Metal on the foam itself.

Last edited: