Production k_ses: k3.22L ( 4060 LP / HDPLEX 250W GaN )

k0n

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Jul 3, 2019

I had ordered this v1.0 in mid-May, two days after finally getting my hands on a 4060 LP from Gigabyte. With the card in hand, I got a better idea of the dimensions and recognized the potential for a classic (riserless) layout that was smaller than the already existing cases.

Because this required me pushing to the limits sizewise, I was ready for it to fail, so the order was placed for just the base without a cover, and I wanted to wait and see before opening another thread.

Now, after testing for fitment, I decided to 3D print a cover and first use it some time / wait for other feedback before I order even more metal. It would be bad to come up with reasons to do a v1.1 in the weeks waiting for the v1.0 covers XD

Arboreal

King of Cable Management
Silver Supporter
Oct 11, 2015
No no no no no!
I so don't need an RTX 4060LP and as there weren't any small cases with direct GPU attachment, I was content with something a lot larger to carry round.
This epic design has messed that right up! 🤣

Reactions: k0n

DaHans

Average Stuffer
May 11, 2018
Very nice! I also bought the 4060 LP to see how small it is.
Are you thinking about covering the Fans of the GPU like a grill or something? For transport reasons. :)

k0n

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Jul 3, 2019
Are you thinking about covering the Fans of the GPU like a grill or something? For transport reasons. :)

Originally I had planned one big opening for the GPU, but because of the printed solution I was able to dial in the exact position of the fans, and am able to do something else for another card... or perforations for you :)

Note: this is a 3 part print so you can change them independently but it's also just connected with a simple joint at the edge.

(I'm currently traveling with it: And I just put it with the three fans onto the bottom of my backpack.)

jujudk

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 1, 2017
Damn i saw it on reddit, and it was my question
But a 3d printed cover is hella nice for upgradability

I don’t see any cpu cooler height limit listed but i guess 37mm with the hdplex on top ?

I think i'll one of your hand

k0n

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Jul 3, 2019
I don’t see any cpu cooler height limit listed but i guess 37mm with the hdplex on top ?

The Arctic Alpine 17 LP that I have is 42,9mm and barely fits underneath the PSU.

I have ordered an AXP90-X53 and will try using it with a 25mm case fan. This would mean NF-A9 (rather than the popular NF-A9x14) and X53 full copper for maximum CPU cooling performance.

jujudk

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 1, 2017
Yeah, the idea is smart !

Kinda surprised a 42mm thick cpu cooler fits, i expected a 37mm

Any idea on cost for the case ?

Reactions: Arboreal

k0n

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Jul 3, 2019
Any idea on cost for the case ?

I'm able to sell the 5 I made for 50€. 60€ with a switch (black with white led ring and 16mm diameter).

- 2 mm 3D printed cover (petg)
- 3D printed fan shroud for a 92mm case fan, which should allow for a AXP90-X53 + 25mm fan
- 1 mm unpainted galvanized steel base

Reactions: rcodi

jujudk

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 1, 2017
I expected a steeper price !

Definitely taking one in anticipation for m’y next build
I might not need the 3D printed cover for now, as i am unsure what gpu i’am gonna put in here, the base one is for the 4060 lp I reckon ?

k0n

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Jul 3, 2019
@jujudk I'm flexible with the prints so I can package both the holes for a 4060LP and a perforated pattern that is in line with the other perforations.

PM/DM me :)

Reactions: jujudk and rcodi