Production JIMU D+ V2.0 - The All-in-one ITX Case

JM Customized

Average Stuffer
Original poster
JMCustomized
Apr 9, 2021
store.jmcustomized.com
Nope. Didn't even get a shipping notification or email after I purchased 2 weeks ago.
There is a lockdown in the city (Lianyungang) where we ship from so no courier services are available to ship cases out.
It has been announced in the Discord server on the 7th of March and a notice has been put out on the website as a sticky banner on top of the store webpage.

Other larger cities have their lockdowns lifted already, but Lianyungang is a smaller city so it will take longer as it has less priority.
Recently the status of the city has been set to "low risk", lockdown should be lifted soon.

As for customers who have purchased the cases but are not shipped yet, contact us at hello@jmcustomized.com to cancel your order if you are not satisifed with the delay.

jaeparku

Cable-Tie Ninja
Oct 19, 2018
There is a lockdown in the city (Lianyungang) where we ship from so no courier services are available to ship cases out.
It has been announced in the Discord server on the 7th of March and a notice has been put out on the website as a sticky banner on top of the store webpage.

Other larger cities have their lockdowns lifted already, but Lianyungang is a smaller city so it will take longer as it has less priority.
Recently the status of the city has been set to "low risk", lockdown should be lifted soon.

As for customers who have purchased the cases but are not shipped yet, contact us at hello@jmcustomized.com to cancel your order if you are not satisifed with the delay.
Just sent you an email.

jaeparku

Cable-Tie Ninja
Oct 19, 2018
Thank you for contacting, I have replied to it.

Do note that a portion of the original payment will be deducted for platform processing fees as stated in: https://store.jmcustomized.com/pages/order-cancellation
as well as our Refund Policy.

This is not ethically right. The only reason I'm cancelling is because you guys didn't ship for few weeks. And now you are charging me cancellation fee to cancel?

That's really shitty practice. I will dispute with Paypal if you guys want to charge me cancellation fee.

• Haha
Reactions: thelaughingman

JM Customized

Average Stuffer
Original poster
JMCustomized
Apr 9, 2021
store.jmcustomized.com
This is not ethically right. The only reason I'm cancelling is because you guys didn't ship for few weeks. And now you are charging me cancellation fee to cancel?

That's really shitty practice. I will dispute with Paypal if you guys want to charge me cancellation fee.
Thank you for the quick response.

I understand your concerns. However, our store policies are clearly stated on the webstore, and notices for lockdown delays have been communicated prior to your order date on our Discord Server as well as the webstore.

All refunds in the past have gone through the same process, as well as having a portion of the original payment be deducted from platform processing fees and currency exchange. This is regardless of circumsmtances as we do not control how much the platform takes from us.

The money that we receive on PayPal is after deduction of all the platform fees, we do not earn money from cancelling your order.

Let me know what is your decision. Thank you.

aexeq

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 7, 2020
Let me grasp the situation...
An order was made, despite the website and discord saying shipping is dalayed due to covid lockdown,
despite the website saying one can go on discord for more information,
despite the awful completely reasonable refund policy,
despite the vendor being super responsive for basically anything you can throw at him.
So why exactly is he complaining now?

Big companies selling larger volumes might be easily able to swallow the refund fees, but for a small boutique case vendor, I see absolutely no reason why he should do that. You wouldn't want people to order your stuff, that can't be sent out due to sudden, non-controlable, events and let them leave you at a loss, just because they don't want to read, aren't able to read or just don't care and cause trouble regardless.

Seriously, what's with that attitude?

jaeparku

Cable-Tie Ninja
Oct 19, 2018
Let me grasp the situation...
An order was made, despite the website and discord saying shipping is dalayed due to covid lockdown,
despite the website saying one can go on discord for more information,
despite the awful completely reasonable refund policy,
despite the vendor being super responsive for basically anything you can throw at him.
So why exactly is he complaining now?

Big companies selling larger volumes might be easily able to swallow the refund fees, but for a small boutique case vendor, I see absolutely no reason why he should do that. You wouldn't want people to order your stuff, that can't be sent out due to sudden, non-controlable, events and let them leave you at a loss, just because they don't want to read, aren't able to read or just don't care and cause trouble regardless.

Seriously, what's with that attitude?

When I made the order, I'm pretty sure it did not say "Shipping is delayed" at top of website like it says now. I made the purchase on March 18. Maybe I'm wrong..if someone can dig up what the site looked like on internet archives, I'd appreciate it. I can only find Mar. 9 snapshot page. I do not remember seeing that when I made the purchase.

Like I said on discord, due to time constraints, I did not juggle through Discord pages to find the right channel to scroll up to see previous messages when I made the purchase. I only relied on the website to make the purchase. But customers should not have to dig through Discord to find that information, regardless.

I noticed that a lot of followers on this product's channel are accusing me of not reading - again, I repeat I only relied on the website.

But it's not my fault that this product was delayed. Any person who bought a product would be concerned to not receive ANY shipping notification for weeks after purchasing the product, or not even an e-mail saying "we apologize but your product is delayed, we'll ship it out as soon as possible". To this day, I still have not even received that sort of e-mail.

I understand that the lockdown was outside vendor's control. I'm not blaming them for that. My main complaint was lack of e-mail, and the $80 exorbitant shipping fee I paid and not getting not even an e-mail notification for weeks after purchase.

Any logical person would cancel an order if they didn't get the product - which I tried to do. Then I was met with "you are subject to cancellation fees" because they want customers to eat the paypal fee cost.

P.S. you are also a discord mod / organizer for his channel, so please mention that in your post so people here know you have a conflict of interest when posting.

Anyway, I decided to just wait since they said China's lockdown should end in a week. I would appreciate it if you didn't gaslight me.

JM Customized

Average Stuffer
Original poster
JMCustomized
Apr 9, 2021
store.jmcustomized.com
and the $80 exorbitant shipping fee I paid and not getting not even an e-mail notification for weeks after purchase.
The case weight is 5.0kg, consists of 40+ aluminium & sheet metal parts, and is shipped from China via FedEx international priority which on average, reached EU/NA customers in 4 working days to a week.

This is simply due to the package weight and the speed of delivery. If you feel that we are marking up our shipping prices, feel free to use FedEx shipping calculator to verify.

person who bought a product would be concerned to not receive ANY shipping notification for weeks after purchasing the product, or not even an e-mail saying "we apologize but your product is delayed, we'll ship it out as soon as possible". To this day, I still have not even received that sort of e-mail.
This was why I have set up a Discord server, so that any concerns can be addressed as soon as possible.

Any customer can hop onto the Discord server and leave a message and my staff will tend to it as soon as possible.

For sending email to notify about delay, I do agree that was lacking on my part and I will be doing that in the future.

P.S. you are also a discord mod / organizer for his channel, so please mention that in your post so people here know you have a conflict of interest when posting.
He is not a mod, he contributes to the project by helping to list radiator compatibility and cooling options. He have no additional incentives in this so I do not see where the conflict of interest come from. He is also a customer who has his order delayed due to COVID.

I understand that the lockdown was outside vendor's control. I'm not blaming them for that.
It does not seem like you understand that at first, when you made threats at me saying that you will launch a dispute, and saying that this was a "shitty, unethical practice". Small businesses are at the mercy of customers, any dispute on PayPal will only raise operational costs and in this case, punish me for following my store policies.

RobnDub

Cable Smoosher
Jan 1, 2021
I am waiting for package C to be available. Is there any update for those (the website says delayed to March 2022)?

Reactions: JDuval

jaeparku

Cable-Tie Ninja
Oct 19, 2018
I've just ordered package A in white !!!!!!!!!!! 🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩 I haven't been so excited in years

Good luck. I ordered mine in mid-March and still radio silence. Had to dig through Discord to find some updates. They don't e-mail you about shipping after taking your money.

• Sad
Reactions: SFFUSER