Completed Jeffinslaw's Trials and Tribulations of Designing a Case

NRG

Airflow Optimizer
Oct 30, 2015
Not to hijack your thread, But I have my Project mATX up for sale if anyone wishes to shoot me a PM, Thanks Jeff!

Jeffinslaw

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Mar 3, 2015
Did the slim disc tray got scrapted?
Planning to make this case in itx size?
Using g-unique to replace psu?

ODD did get scrapped.
An ITX version of this has already been design, manufactured and sold. It is called the Compact Splash, it came well before my case. That was the inspiration for my case after asking the original designer if he planned on doing a mATX version.
You could use an HDPlex or g-unique to replace the PSU however, you may need two for mATX depending on what hardware you use.

-Jeffinslaw

Reactions: Phuncz and Soul_Est

Jeffinslaw

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Mar 3, 2015
Any plans to make the Compact Splash v2?
Plans to make many case with a slim disc tray?

No and no. I am not the original creator of the Compact Splash so that would be very rude to the original creator. And another no because it was very difficult to sell the first 25 cases so making another version of Project mATX with a component that is nearly dead will not go over well. One could easily mod the original case to fit one though.

-Jeffinslaw

Jeffinslaw

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Mar 3, 2015
Now I think that "Completed" tag is appropriate for this build as it is finally finished!

-Jeffinslaw

W1NN1NG

King of Cable Management
Jan 19, 2017
Awfully light on the photos WTF?

;)
I agree we need more even though it's really hard to capture anything with this style of build cause it's usually all covered up. I really wish I had picked one of these up a while back. I actually had messaged you on another forum about one but I ended up with an ncase instead. Which actually sat me back more than this would have. Since I already had an matx board and such at the time >.> Oh well this turned out great!

Makusan

Chassis Packer
Nov 27, 2019
Is this case still available for sale? If yes, what are the specs? Is this case only for liquid cooling builds?