J-Hack Pure or MX500 case

jisozi

What's an ITX?
Original poster
Apr 27, 2019
Going to be building a simple pc for browsing, league of legends, and watching videos.

Keeping it simple and wondering if these parts will work out.

CPU: Ryzen 3000 APU - AMD R5 3600G
Motherboard: Mini ITX
Cooler: NH-L9a
Ram: 2x8gb Corsair LPX 3000Mhz (whatever is on sale and low profile really)
M.2 SSD: Crucial P1 500gb NVME SSD
PSU: picoPSU 160w + 192w adapter
Case: J-hack pure or MX 500

since I have so little parts, should I even get a j-hack pure? will it all fit in an MX500 fine?

Aguda33

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jul 20, 2018
It all depends on your personal taste and budget. I bought the Pure and love it. The Mx 500 says it is a fanless case, I find that for gaming a cooler with fan is needed. You may also want to check out his Meanwell 200W power supply kit and Pcie to M.2 MVNE adapter.

Reactions: Thehack

Stevo_

Master of Cramming
Jul 2, 2015
Only plus for the MX is usb on front, internally i think the pure has a better layout, keeps power relayed ports mounting and button on one side

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Hey! I designed the chassis and also own an Mx500. Here are the differences:

1. Pure is all aluminum fully powder coated. The MX500 has spotty paint and is steel.

2. Pure is better ventilated, with better fan support if you use external psu.

3. Pure supports internal ac-dc out of the box. It also has a plethora of power entry options.

4. Pure has a good ssd layout if you use external psu.

5. Pure does not have USB front port, but has cutout for a rear type C port.

The MX500 is completely functional and is also cheaper, but the Pure is just a better built chassis with features you'd like. It also will run much cooler. I think the Pure will fit a gaming build better thanks to improved ventilation.

Reactions: rfarmer