Itx Case advice

vex_sb

Average Stuffer
Original poster
May 11, 2018
Hi

So, i have need for an case with specific demands, and in last few days i checked all market, and still wandering . So, maybe someone will shot me with an idea.

Ok, i need case that can take following ;

- itx mbo
- sfx-l or sfx psu
- at least 1x240 and 1x120 radiator , would like 2 x 240 slim rads better for custom WC
- I have regular size graphic card now, but considering to go to smaller high(er) end if water block is available.

Other

- smallest possible, below 20 liters - most importan thing . i want to be able to carry it around.
- some airflow. I have phanteks shift x now , really bad airflow, great case, but hard to cool.
- metal or acrylic irrelevant, looks irrelevant

Only case i found is Ghost S1 and take 2 tophats , 1 up and one below , and that would be it. But, it is not available and cost 300€ . SO i wonder is there some other option, even maybe to start working on my own acrylic case.

Any suggestion welcome, thanks

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
Two words: Compact Splash!

Some links I found:

One for sale on Hardforum:
https://hardforum.com/threads/compact-splash-mini-itx-case-white-and-black-available.1848792/

A build log of one on SFF Forum:
https://smallformfactor.net/forum/threads/compact-splash-85.1069/

They'll be hard to get, and expensive (450 USD for white, 550 for black) but that hardforum link is the only place I could find one for sale. I believe 104 of them were made, but hey, they're 2mm steel and will last a lifetime!

EDIT: 106 were made, not 104

vex_sb

Average Stuffer
Original poster
May 11, 2018
The case is almost perfect, and i can't belive its already 5 years old and still all no other manufacturer didn't come at similar idea lol.

The problem is - where to buy. Looks like mission impossible. The price is insane to be honest, but i can see why. This looks like perfect lunch box :D

I asked on forum if anyone selling, and keep looking ...

Any other ideas welcome

vex_sb

Average Stuffer
Original poster
May 11, 2018
Parvum VEER1.0 looks very very interesting, but i really don't know is it sturdy enough for draging around . Anyone have it to comment on that ??

vex_sb

Average Stuffer
Original poster
May 11, 2018
Many thanks for suggestion, very very interesting case, just - where to buy in europe ?? Ordering from USA seems a bit too much ...

I an leaning toward Dan case plus external radiator , and quick decoupling system. Than i would have silent small system on desk and heat blower under desk :D

But, nothing decided yet, i have no time to build right now , just finished this one lol. Phanteks shift x but it stands tall, not like this on picture , i forgot to rotate picture haha