Itx Case advice

vex_sb

Average Stuffer
Original poster
May 11, 2018
Hi

So, i have need for an case with specific demands, and in last few days i checked all market, and still wandering . So, maybe someone will shot me with an idea.

Ok, i need case that can take following ;

- itx mbo
- sfx-l or sfx psu
- at least 1x240 and 1x120 radiator , would like 2 x 240 slim rads better for custom WC
- I have regular size graphic card now, but considering to go to smaller high(er) end if water block is available.

Other

- smallest possible, below 20 liters - most importan thing . i want to be able to carry it around.
- some airflow. I have phanteks shift x now , really bad airflow, great case, but hard to cool.
- metal or acrylic irrelevant, looks irrelevant

Only case i found is Ghost S1 and take 2 tophats , 1 up and one below , and that would be it. But, it is not available and cost 300€ . SO i wonder is there some other option, even maybe to start working on my own acrylic case.

Any suggestion welcome, thanks

Windfall

I'm a huge fan of SFF
Nov 14, 2017
Two words: Compact Splash!

Some links I found:

One for sale on Hardforum:
https://hardforum.com/threads/compact-splash-mini-itx-case-white-and-black-available.1848792/

A build log of one on SFF Forum:
https://smallformfactor.net/forum/threads/compact-splash-85.1069/

They'll be hard to get, and expensive (450 USD for white, 550 for black) but that hardforum link is the only place I could find one for sale. I believe 104 of them were made, but hey, they're 2mm steel and will last a lifetime!

EDIT: 106 were made, not 104

vex_sb

Average Stuffer
Original poster
May 11, 2018
The case is almost perfect, and i can't belive its already 5 years old and still all no other manufacturer didn't come at similar idea lol.

The problem is - where to buy. Looks like mission impossible. The price is insane to be honest, but i can see why. This looks like perfect lunch box :D

I asked on forum if anyone selling, and keep looking ...

Any other ideas welcome

vex_sb

Average Stuffer
Original poster
May 11, 2018
Parvum VEER1.0 looks very very interesting, but i really don't know is it sturdy enough for draging around . Anyone have it to comment on that ??

vex_sb

Average Stuffer
Original poster
May 11, 2018
Many thanks for suggestion, very very interesting case, just - where to buy in europe ?? Ordering from USA seems a bit too much ...

I an leaning toward Dan case plus external radiator , and quick decoupling system. Than i would have silent small system on desk and heat blower under desk :D

But, nothing decided yet, i have no time to build right now , just finished this one lol. Phanteks shift x but it stands tall, not like this on picture , i forgot to rotate picture haha