Issues with my M1

Overrated PC User

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Jun 17, 2020
I encountered a few issues with my M1 after a few months of use. First, one of the USB-A ports is DOA from the moment I finished assembling, don't know why. Just don't work at all. And now the USB-C port is dead too(this one is on me). So is it possible to replace the dead internal cable for a functional one or do I have to buy a new front I/O kit?

The second issue is the side bracket for the radiator mount, I am having a hard time to lock the two screws positioned on the back of the chassis, it looks to me the screw is having a hard time to lock the position.

Lastly, the case's paint is really easy to fall off, screw tuning, parts touching other parts can instantly dop paint.

Omnislip

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Aug 18, 2020
Well, if it makes you feel better, I can only imagine scratching the outside of the case with some real abuse. One man's abuse is another man's everyday use, though.

Given OP refers to "paint" I can only assume they mean the internal frame - and yes, funnily enough if you rub metal on metal then some paint does fall off. But that's why the frame is internal, and is not possible to see with the (anodized) panels on. There are lots of people satisfied with the case

Reactions: Gungar