Introduction

Hi all!

I'm located in Portugal, soon moving to the Netherlands.

Some years ago I was always finding ways to make my budget PC rig cooler and cooler... looking.
Then I started using laptops because of college, around 10 years ago.

Anyway, back then I really enjoyed my Lian Li 1200, which I slightly modded by opening a plate, that divided the PSU area from the rest and wouldn't allow some bigger cpu coolers.
The case had some issues being a reversed ATX one IIRC, the GPU on top would get warm air and I always needed a loud blower fan, either with the GPU or the case one (with a narrower GPU).
For me it was a pretty case, but it had issues.

I was obsessed with cables and made, using cardboard, something similar to what later on IKEA would create! Their ROMMA.
It was uglier and without a lid, since it was always for the same cables - the PC and Sound Equipment, which had no spot to be hidden due to glass table desk.

I was always aiming for mini ITX but back them the cases suck. Either too big or no chance for a good GPU.
I doodled some concepts, which I could never build. I fondly remember one that looked similar to a triangular prism, motherboard + gpu + psu all cooled down by a central heatsink, and no wasted space.
I was happy when Apple released the trash bin Mac Pro, which unfortunately had its own issues.

Fast forward to today, due to the low upgradability I'm usually buying a new laptop every 22 months and selling my previous one easily due to still having some warranty left.
But currently all laptops I like are either too expensive, too bulky or don't have enough juice.
So I decided to keep my current notebook which has a nice size and weight for moving around when needed, and to build something small, more powerful and cool looking to have at home.

I was almost getting a Louqe Ghost, but no EU store ships it to Portugal. I'm either wanting for it to be available in amazon from this side of the pond or trying to get the Sidearm T1 which looks great and brought me here!

I'm looking forward to get to read a bunch of the threads and to learn more about mini ITX builds.

Cheers!