Introducing Low Volume: A podcast about SFF, and technology's march towards miniaturization

Everyone,

I'm pleased to be able to announce the beginning of Low Volume, a podcast by myself (Joshua), @Aibohphobia (James), and @confusis (John)!

Listeners who download our program on iTunes (once it's live there) will uncover the following podcast description, which we think does a pretty good job of capturing what we're looking to achieve with the show:

An occasional podcast by the co-founders of SFF Forum and SFF Network, Low Volume is a technology show focused on small form factor systems and the trend of miniaturization and ubiquity in the realm of consumer electronics. Discussions range from the newsworthy and interesting, to the humorous and profound.

Several of us have a background in podcasting and radio, and as such we've wanted to do a podcast-like program for some time. With our debut episode on the SFF-related announcements to come out of CES 2016, we've started a periodic show that will act as a sort of director's commentary for the ongoings of SFF Network, SFF Forum, and the technology landscape at large.

To listen to the show, navigate to lowvolu.me, and look for us on iTunes in the coming days as we wait to be added to their catalogue. Our first episode is definitely a bit of a rough cut, as we fiddled with audio equipment and recorded at unpleasantly early hours, but we'll be iterating constantly as we adapt the format, invite guests, and collect feedback from you all!

We hope you enjoy it as much as we did making it. Thanks for listening!

NFSxperts

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Aug 7, 2015
I agree with what you guys said but manufacturers making things no one asked for.
If any manufacturers are watching, how about m-dtx motherboards with dual x16 slots!

and yes, i had to adjust the volume.

jØrd

S̳C̳S̳I̳ ̳f̳o̳r̳ ̳l̳i̳f̳e̳
sudocide.dev
SFFn Staff
Gold Supporter
LOSIAS
Jul 19, 2015
there was a give away!?

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
That was associated with it.

The instructions were to post an image of your system in the thread, then PM me the link to your post.

The post your rig thread was left deliberately ambiguous to ensure only podcast listeners who followed the given instructions could enter.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Ah LOL I just posted my cases in there not to enter, because I can't/won't as a moderator. And I also didn't figure out it was a competition. But I tune out words like "competition" and "prizes", I earn my stuff, like a baws. Or so I tell myself the days I need to drag my ass to work.

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
The thread itself will continue into perpetuity, every tech forum needs a thread like it :)

Cuzza

Trash Compacter
LOSIAS
Jul 15, 2015
I've had too many screaming babies to listen to the whole thing. bah. but back to my question, is there an RSS link for the podcast?