Log Intel Core-i9 10940x + Nvidia Titan V + 64GB 3200mhz ddr4 in Dan Case A4

fdc227

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
New User
Dec 27, 2021
Just took two days to finish and optimise my scientific computation setup with i9-10940x and Titan V. The motherboard used is Asrock x299 Itx. The very high positioning of the 24 pin cable of the motherboard made it impossible to put the psu the correct direction, as the 24pin cable is not long enough. So I flipped the psu up side down and the psu fan facing the GPU, as the angled power cable on the psu would conflict with the asetek 645lt's radiator connector. I was lucky to find out that the angled power cable on the psu would sit nicely on the outer casing of the cpu fan just narrowing clearing the fans themselves, hence I made the fan a pull orientation so that it intakes the air from inside of the case and pull it out of the case. (the other orientation where the fan sucks the air from the outside to the inside would end up blowing the hot air directly to the psu exhaust, making the psu to overheat badly).

The problem I am facing currently is the abnormally high-pitched buzzing sound from the Asetek 645lt, and upon some reach it seems that I would need to adjust the pump fan curve to tune down the pump.

Last edited by a moderator:

GoobaJong

Case Bender
New User
Feb 3, 2021
Nice build! It looks like a really tight fit. If you have enough space in the GPU compartment you could look into the LoserCard Mod, it raises the gpu by 14mm, allows for a 25mm fan on the aio, and improves cable routing.

fdc227

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
New User
Dec 27, 2021
Nice build! It looks like a really tight fit. If you have enough space in the GPU compartment you could look into the LoserCard Mod, it raises the gpu by 14mm, allows for a 25mm fan on the aio, and improves cable routing.
Wow that's such an invention! I have been bothered with the tubing head positioning on the 645lt radiator as it constantly conflicts with the psu cable header if having the psu cables facing downwards. and now installing a thicker fan and raising the gpu slot really resolves the issue!! Also I think it might still be better to have the psu cable side facing upwards, as it leaves a lot more empty space between the fan and psu. I will use my current config for a while before trying the LoserCard Mod, it seems like a real useful upgrade considering i9-10940x is a TDP 165W CPU !