Motherboard Incoming AM4 Mini-ITX boards

NATi

SFF Lingo Aficionado
NATi Tray
Apr 15, 2017
Personally, would have gone with biostar earlier, but it was allways out of stock.. now waiting for others.

grumpyrobin

Airflow Optimizer
May 11, 2017
Really the X370GTN isn't a bad board. It's just that Biostar has acquired a reputation for only making low-end budget boards and, while it's debatable if it even matters, things like only having a 4-pin CPU power connector kinda reinforces that idea.

I actually like the board, but it doesn't have AC. I trust the Asrock board will be just as good and not much more expensive while giving AC.

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
ASUS likes to go all out on the Impact (and now Strix) boards but otherwise them and MSI are actually fairly conservative when it comes to bringing new platforms to Mini-ITX so I doubt we'll see ITX AM4 from them anytime soon.

Mortis Angelus

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 22, 2017
Where are the x300 chipset, any news?

It seems a bit like no third-party mobo-maker is going to use it. And to be fair, what use would it be to have the X300 chipset? Does that feature anything that either the B350 or X370 can't do? It is cheaper to have less production lines, and it adds less confusion to the consumers. It is confusing enough that we already have X99, X299, X370 and X399. We don't need X300, do we? :p

On-topic, I really wait for Asus B350/X370 ITX boards. I hope they will equip them as good as their Kaby Lake counter parts with dual M.2 and USB 3.1 Gen 2 front headers.

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
And to be fair, what use would it be to have the X300 chipset?

Since the Ryzen CPUs have stuff like SATA, USB, and M.2 built-in it's possible to build a basic Mini-ITX motherboard that only uses what's on the CPU. So the X300 is a cheap, bare necessities chipset for motherboard vendors to make budget ITX boards.

Reactions: Acalanata