Motherboard Incoming AM4 Mini-ITX boards

Mackan

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 2, 2016
I remember them talking about ITX boards not selling so well, but it would be strange if they don't make one.

Mortis Angelus

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 22, 2017
Has Asus confirmed they are creating an ITX board for Ryzen?

Not that I know about, but I would find it strange if Asus and/or any other major brand would skip out on that, now that Ryzen is a confirmed success. Especially since Asus Crosshair VI is one of the most popular mobos for Ryzen, and in general Asus mobos are well received among gamers and entusiast in all form factors and CPU-platforms.

TheHig

King of Cable Management
Oct 13, 2016
this is taking too long and micro center does not carry the biostar board. at least the hosuton store i couldnt find it

I asked the guy I deal with the most at the Cincinnati Microcenter about the Asrock and Gigabyte boards and he thinks they will get them. All speculation though really. More waiting!

WillBlackstone

Trash Compacter
May 19, 2017
I asked the guy I deal with the most at the Cincinnati Microcenter about the Asrock and Gigabyte boards and he thinks they will get them. All speculation though really. More waiting!
thanks! and yeah i have to get rid of my 6660k and msi carbon itx

TheHig

King of Cable Management
Oct 13, 2016
Perhaps in the US from say Newegg shipped to the US will be less?

Man that sounds selfish!

Can't wait to see your impressions @Moravid

Mackan

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 2, 2016
I think the Asrock one looks the nicest so far. I don't like their wifi enclosure though. They have placed the antenna connectors too close to each other, making it impossible to use our own antennas. Asus is using the same enclosure, but the connectors are more apart.

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
You could maybe drill another hole in the casing if it wouldn't interfere with the card inside.

jØrd

S̳C̳S̳I̳ ̳f̳o̳r̳ ̳l̳i̳f̳e̳
sudocide.dev
SFFn Staff
Gold Supporter
LOSIAS
Jul 19, 2015
They have placed the antenna connectors too close to each other, making it impossible to use our own antennas.

Not a perfect solution but a short RP-SMA - RP-SMA pigtail should solve that

EDIT: I'm assuming their using RP-SMA because basically everything consumer and wifi does but these type of pigtails exist for basically any combination of connector types.

3lfk1ng

King of Cable Management
SFFn Staff
Bronze Supporter
Jun 3, 2016
www.reihengaming.com
I think the Asrock one looks the nicest so far.

I just wish it supported USB 3.1, honestly that's the only missing feature that kills the board for me. It's non-issue for anyone without a need for 3.1 support but I have an external Samsung T3 SSD that uses USB 3.1 and I desire that sweet sweet throughput.

Reactions: Soul_Est

grumpyrobin

Airflow Optimizer
May 11, 2017
I just wish it supported USB 3.1, honestly that's the only missing feature that kills the board for me. It's non-issue for anyone without a need for 3.1 support but I have an external Samsung T3 SSD that uses USB 3.1 and I desire that sweet sweet throughput.
sweet sweet throughput is sweet, but I find even 3.0 super fast.
And the only time I needed full 3.0 speed was when I was cloning a laptop hdd to an ssd, and even that was blazingly fast.

This is all subjective of course as I have not tasted 3.1 yet.

cadiguno

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 18, 2016
Has the Gigabyte B350 pricing been confirmed? I recall hearing it's $115 but can't seem to remember where. ASRock's seem pretty expensive (JPY price) in comparison if that proves to be right.

carbonitetoast

Caliper Novice
Jun 16, 2017