Motherboard Incoming AM4 Mini-ITX boards

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015
Might we have someone contact ASUS & MSI to see about any plans for AM4 ITX motherboards from them...?!?

Boil

SFF Guru
Nov 11, 2015
Maybe we might see a X300 ITX motherboard from ASUS, with the same front & back dual M.2 slot design as their H270 / Z270 ITX motherboards...?!?

But with USB 3.1 Gen2...

And then ASUS could also make me a matching RX Vega Nano GPU...!

Matte Black I/O shield & PCI bracket, please...

Jonny727272

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 26, 2017
Maybe we might see a X300 ITX motherboard from ASUS, with the same front & back dual M.2 slot design as their H270 / Z270 ITX motherboards...?!?

But with USB 3.1 Gen2...

And then ASUS could also make me a matching RX Vega Nano GPU...!

Matte Black I/O shield & PCI bracket, please...
I've heard the AM4 socket is too big and that's why we can't have a front m.2 port.

Reactions: Acalanata

Jonny727272

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 26, 2017
To be fair though, they used SODIMM memory and have a very unusual layout. Maybe with the second gen of Ryzen we might see that, but I doubt mobo manufactures want to take that chance and change up the layout and parts used so drastically.

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Even with two DIMM slots I'm pretty sure it's possible to fit a topside M.2 if someone really wanted to. Reducing the footprint of the VRM using a daughterboard like the ASUS Impact boards would free up a good bit of space.

Reactions: Phuncz and 3lfk1ng

Curiosity

Too busy figuring out if I can to think if I shoul
Platinum Supporter
Bronze Supporter
M...M...M...M...Multi-Tier...Subscriber...
Apr 30, 2016
Or they could do the riser board like on the x299 board.

BongoUnicorns

Efficiency Noob
Apr 28, 2017
I'm honestly fine with Biostar x370-gtn that I have-- the only downside being 4-pin power. However, I'm running a Ryzen 7 1700, so I'm in the clear. I'd say if you have the 1700 go Biostar if it's in stock

Reactions: NATi
D

Deleted member 2708

Anyone know when these are actually supposed to be available? I'm in the middle of a build and it was supposed to be a Mini-ITX Ryzen build

grumpyrobin

Airflow Optimizer
May 11, 2017
I hope someone makes a review of it soon after/before release.
As much as I trust Asrock, I want to see some confirmed ram sticks that can reach 3200mhz or more on it.

Jonny727272

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 26, 2017
I've seen a couple reports of mid July over on Reddit. I just want it now and for it to be in stock, not like the biostar fiasco.

jeshikat

Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
I reached out to my contact and he said mid-July is much more likely.

zovc

King of Cable Management
Jan 5, 2017
I hope someone makes a review of it soon after/before release.
As much as I trust Asrock, I want to see some confirmed ram sticks that can reach 3200mhz or more on it.
I've seen a couple reports of mid July over on Reddit. I just want it now and for it to be in stock, not like the biostar fiasco.

The safe bet might just be to buy one and wait for reviews, then return it if they aren't great. I can't imagine reviewers taking more than ~30 days to do a review, they benefit heavily from a quick turnaround.

Reactions: grumpyrobin

grumpyrobin

Airflow Optimizer
May 11, 2017
Guys,

May I ask for an educated guess of what Air Cooler for the Asrock board would fit an NCase M1 and handle a 1700x at 3.9-4.0 ghz.

This is the compatibility google doc spreadsheet for NCase M1, but I do not know which intel board has similar positioning of the socket.

I would love to go for an AIO but I need to be able to take it on a carry-on luggage on a frequent basis.

D

Deleted member 2708

The Biostar board just went in-stock on Newegg, can anyone tell me why they might prefer to wait for ASRock/Gigabyte instead of Biostar? My last build used a Biostar board and I've been rather pleased with it, so I can't see the difference. (besides wifi)

Edit: Just wanted to add I've done my homework on this thread (thank you https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/findbar-tweak/) and it appears to me the main concerns are caps from Taiwan and cheaper parts and build quality in general. Can anyone second this?

Last edited by a moderator:

jeshikat

Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Really the X370GTN isn't a bad board. It's just that Biostar has acquired a reputation for only making low-end budget boards and, while it's debatable if it even matters, things like only having a 4-pin CPU power connector kinda reinforces that idea.

Reactions: Acalanata and NATi