John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
Original poster
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
Hey Yall!

Pictured below is an X79 socket 2011 board, bought for next to nothing for my next project. Now, my google sleuthing has come up with nothing - can anyone here rise up to the challenge of finding a manufacturer's page (at the very least) for this board?

Apologies for the graininess, the lighting was not ideal for this shot, only originally needed it as a reference shot!

confusis

Original poster
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
I wish :| I wonder if all the passives are there. I do have two of these boards. hmm :p

confusis

Original poster
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
I don't speak Russian :) There are three YT vids that I have found, one on the green board, two on the black board including a running system

confusis

Original poster
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
It's an MSI, if you search up MS-7777, MS-7778 shows up and it's by MSI.

Yup, the MS-7778 nis a FM2 OEM board. But I can't find any page for this board. I need more than a brand here :p

confusis

Original poster
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
From a local person who bought them direct from China. He was planning on getting them working as workstations but couldn't get them stable. (I've figured out their idiosyncrasies I think!)

Reactions: Soul_Est and cmyk78

TheHig

King of Cable Management
Oct 13, 2016
Now you need one of those 10 core engineering sample Xeon's,also from china, to get that workstation rocking. :thumb:

I so want to mess with x79 stuff since I have the ddr3 ram around.. But those mobo prices.. Yikes. Glad to hear you got a deal on some to work with.

IntoxicatedPuma

Customizer of Titles
SFFn Staff
Feb 26, 2016
There are two Chinese brands I know of making x79 boards, Panshi and Mingsu. This doesn't match them though. My gf says the manual doesn't offer much info about who makes it either.

Reactions: confusis

TheHig

King of Cable Management
Oct 13, 2016
So the top expansion slot is slot 1 eh? Thank goodness for the diagram... Lol. Sounds like that's all you need to get started! A 20 spot each as well. Very nice find and Good luck!

Reactions: confusis