DwarfLord

Trash Compacter
Oct 13, 2018
Now we need a 80w ac-dc updated to 120w to handle a 2400g, GGNNNIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Edit : wait a minute, don't tell me the hdplex 160w fits into it ?

Last edited:

Choidebu

"Banned"
Aug 16, 2017
Hdplex 80W: 121.4 x 30 x 40 mm
Hdplex 160W: 150 x 52 x 40 mm

3cm longer and 2.2cm thicker (that's what she said)

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
Now we need a 80w ac-dc updated to 120w to handle a 2400g, GGNNNIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Edit : wait a minute, don't tell me the hdplex 160w fits into it ?
Hdplex 80W: 121.4 x 30 x 40 mm
Hdplex 160W: 150 x 52 x 40 mm

3cm longer and 2.2cm thicker (that's what she said)

The problem with the 160 is that then you can't use the onboard front IO...... Maybe meanwell PSUS?

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
Possible with meanwell. It's about 102mm deep, which gives you about 40mm to install power entry.

It doesn't look like the AMD STX has internal power in though. Seems only barrel connector.

I know, I have a passthru hole built into the case.

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
Will post pic of 3d-printed base ASAP. The printer upscaled it (I think) by half an inch, or for the british, 12.7mm. Pretty significant. Well, I'll do a test fit, revise the model, and then:

A few more 3d-printed models

Actual Sheet metal prototype

and then production (hopefully).

Reactions: owliwar

CC Ricers

Shrink Ray Wielder
Bronze Supporter
Nov 1, 2015
Is this case still being developed? Don't know if you have any prototypes being made yet.

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
Is this case still being developed? Don't know if you have any prototypes being made yet.

Yeah, just working around power delivery, and trying to source a custom cable. (4-pin from HDPLEX to barrel plug)

If you have ideas, I'm open.

Need a CHEAP sheet metal shop, though @VELKASE Michael might have me covered there.

CC Ricers

Shrink Ray Wielder
Bronze Supporter
Nov 1, 2015
Cheap and sheet metal? Hmm, I can't think of any as I've only dabbled with manufacturing services that let you upload your designs directly. Bigbluesaw.com offers sheet metal cutting services but they don't do metal bending. But I agree to contact VELKASE first since he's already on these forums :)

Given the smaller size of the STX and also power requirements I was thinking how well it would work in a small enclosure similar to the Arctic MC101

It is only 30mm tall and I don't know how slim you can make your case, how tall the I/O and RAM sit in the embedded Ryzen/Vega boards. But I was imagining some basic aluminum heatsink with a blower fan placed to the side of it. Is passive cooling an option for the 25W embedded chips?

For something that consumes little power our opinions may vary for solutions. This HTPC uses an external power brick but for low wattage I'm personally okay with that. But others won't be of course.

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
Now that we have AM4 STX nearly here from Asrock, is there any interest in these cases?
Would a version WITHOUT HDplex 80w support be preferred?
What about a CNC machined fanless version?

I'll have a working VMC soon.

Reactions: mrp0p1nfr3sh

mrp0p1nfr3sh

Average Stuffer
Sep 4, 2017
Now that we have AM4 STX nearly here from Asrock, is there any interest in these cases?
Would a version WITHOUT HDplex 80w support be preferred?
What about a CNC machined fanless version?

I'll have a working VMC soon.
Wait you got pics for the case?

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
Thanks love the way it looks are you thinking about doing a batch order for a case without the internal power adapter?

Like just having it with no room for a PSU?

The PSU can be bought from HDPLEX, it's the 80W ac-dc.
\

mrp0p1nfr3sh

Average Stuffer
Sep 4, 2017
Like just having it with no room for a PSU?

The PSU can be bought from HDPLEX, it's the 80W ac-dc.
\
Yeah i have an hdplex build. But im planning on swapping the case out on the Asrock deskmini A300. Since that has an external power brick im ok on sizing i just dislike the look of the stock deskmini.

TristanDuboisOLG

Average Stuffer
May 10, 2018
Quick question, I know that you said that the case is still just a CAD picture because of next to no interest, but I was wondering if anything has changed since the arrival of the Onda B320? I have one on order and your case design looks great!

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
Quick question, I know that you said that the case is still just a CAD picture because of next to no interest, but I was wondering if anything has changed since the arrival of the Onda B320? I have one on order and your case design looks great!

This is an STX case, not thin-itx. It's still a CAD model, but with the A300 STX from Asrock now out, I wonder if there would be some interest