Log how to turn a game console into an SFF PC - or - the fastest APU build to date

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
That version of SteamOS that you tried there is very much out of date. I would recommend trying EndeavorOS, Pop!_OS, or Solus.

Thanks for the suggestion.

After experimenting a bit with Mint I guess the biggest challenge would be to get the GPU drivers working properly. Unfortunately I'm not too familiar with Linux and driver modding, else I would give it a try.

Soul_Est

SFF Guru
SFFn Staff
Feb 12, 2016

After experimenting a bit with Mint I guess the biggest challenge would be to get the GPU drivers working properly. Unfortunately I'm not too familiar with Linux and driver modding, else I would give it a try.
Here's what you may need

Edit: And possibly

Reactions: REVOCCASES

luisprog

What's an ITX?
New User
Oct 12, 2022
Bro, here you go...

Can you share a backup of your SSD ,my SSD broke and i have Lost all the drivers and operating system, i tried to install the drivers you shared but It gives me error 43

CC Ricers

Shrink Ray Wielder
Bronze Supporter
Nov 1, 2015

MESA drivers just work like magic for AMD, at least in my experience. Even Intel is comparatively good with drivers next to Nvidia.

I haven't used Mint in a long time but for Steam experience on Linux, I went with Manjaro which is an arch-based distro, and use the KDE desktop which makes it rather close to the Steam Deck experience. There's even a trick to make Steam use the Steam Deck UI. It's not without its quirks (since it's not officially supported) but I find it works great most of the time.

Reactions: luisprog

Elaman

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 13, 2020
After experimenting a bit with Mint
I am writing this from Mint right now!
MESA drivers just work like magic for AMD
The problem is support for this specific APU (Fireflight?)
Is this on the same family as this console's APU?

Reactions: luisprog