Power Supply How quiet is the Enhance ENP-7660b 600w Power supply

Visceral Relic

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Jul 22, 2020
I have a Velka 3 with a ryzen 3700x, rtx 2060 and a silverstone fx-350-g.

I've been lurking on the forums for a while and have seen a lot of people saying the 7660 is almost silent, while others have said it's still kind of loud.
I can't seem to find any videos of how loud it actually is, and because I live in the uk, if I buy one it'll come with a hefty import tax.
So if it's not much quieter than my current psu it'll be a pretty big waste of money.

So would anyone who has one be willing to make a quick video demonstrating how loud it is?
(Or link a video that I haven't been able to find)

I think there's probably quite a few other people on the forum that would be interested in this as well, since this power supply has had a lot of attention recently.

Instran0

Master of Cramming
May 31, 2017
I've been lurking on the forums for a while and have seen a lot of people saying the 7660 is almost silent, while others have said it's still kind of loud.

there's no simple answer to this, even if you had a video.

basically, some are loud & some are not, even though they come from the same manufacturer.

its like buying a pizza slice from the morning shift chef, then coming back later on, & buying a pizza slice from the evening shift chef.

they're the same price, from the same pizza shop, but they taste different- right ?

Visceral Relic

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Jul 22, 2020
there's no simple answer to this, even if you had a video.

basically, some are loud & some are not, even though they come from the same manufacturer.

its like buying a pizza slice from the morning shift chef, then coming back later on, & buying a pizza slice from the evening shift chef.

they're the same price, from the same pizza shop, but they taste different- right ?

Hmmm...don't think i can justify buying one then.

While searching for a quieter power supply I remember seeing a post by you that you had a hdplex 400w.(least i think it was you) what kind of experience and build did you have with it? (if it was you ?)

Instran0

Master of Cramming
May 31, 2017
Hmmm...don't think i can justify buying one then.

While searching for a quieter power supply I remember seeing a post by you that you had a hdplex 400w.(least i think it was you) what kind of experience and build did you have with it? (if it was you ?)

please clarify whether you're talking about a HDPLEX 400W AC-DC, or a 400W DC-DC, so i can answer your question.

HDPLEX makes 2 different units.

Visceral Relic

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Jul 22, 2020
please clarify whether you're talking about a HDPLEX 400W AC-DC, or a 400W DC-DC, so i can answer your question.

HDPLEX makes 2 different units.

I think it's the DC-ATX which is then combined with the AC-DC, but i've seen people just use a dell power brick, though i'm not sure if that would be enough.

Instran0

Master of Cramming
May 31, 2017
I think it's the DC-ATX which is then combined with the AC-DC, but i've seen people just use a dell power brick, though i'm not sure if that would be enough.

HDPLEX 400W DC-DC is completely silent.

HDPLEX 400W AC-DC is semi-silent from 1- 300W, and you don't need to install its fan.

from 301- 450W, its louder, and you need to install its fan.

this is not a typo, the 400W AC-DC actually is 450W.

Visceral Relic

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Jul 22, 2020
HDPLEX 400W DC-DC is completely silent.

HDPLEX 400W AC-DC is semi-silent from 1- 300W, and you don't need to install its fan.

from 301- 450W, its louder, and you need to install its fan.

this is not a typo, the 400W AC-DC actually is 450W.

Lovely, thank you ☺

Did you have any issues with them when you used them?

Instran0

Master of Cramming
May 31, 2017
I'm using a 2060, but I'm looking at a spreadsheet of benchmarks right now that say the 2070 + ryzen 3700x = 339 watts which is interesting.

are you talking about a reference RTX 2070, or a RTX 2070 Mini, because they have different power draws ??

but you should still be fine, with the HDPLEX combo, if you're not overclocking.

Last edited:

n.tesla

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jul 19, 2020
and because I live in the uk, if I buy one it'll come with a hefty import tax.
I just bought one on Taobao and had it delivered to Basetao's warehouse ('ship for me' service). The process is pretty simple if you use chrome google translate addon and saves you a stack of coin. Basetao will declare any value you like on the package so no import tax either.
Postage will be a fair whack but will still work out cheaper.
I purchased the unmodded one here: https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?sp...ctdimf&id=533119895425&ns=1&abbucket=3#detail (I'd rather trust my own soldering/cable mod skills than theirs!) for ¥ 719 (£78.44)

Here you can see the fan curve of the Enhance 7660b:

Last edited: