Original poster
Aug 28, 2017

9.6L case, 129,000 Won = 115$

slide ssd tray

Not bad?

bledha

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 22, 2017
Agreed with above posts - although it isn't like I could actually afford a real DANcase A4-SFX anyway (Canadian living in Europe, case is $350). Clear "inspiration" taken from it, and some obscure Korean supplier...can't seem to find any information outside a few Korean dealers.

I almost want to buy one just to see what's up with it, and donate to Dan's v2 Kickstarter to offset my guilt.

@h4chi, any non-Korean or better yet, European situated dealers of this case? Any English language advertising material?

Reactions: SeñorDonut

stree

Airflow Optimizer
Dec 10, 2016
I cannot understand this type of design:.......Room for a huge ATX PSU and no room for a CPU cooler..........What passive cooled CPU will require ATX PSU?...........But instead GPU is put right in front of MB...................
What I would like is a dual chamber so that the GPU can go behind the MB, leaving front optimised for CPU cooling ( air) and space for PSU rationalised to TFX/SFX, or preferably a solution like HD-Plex or G-Unique, then no extra PSU space needs to be found...............Less cubic space and better airflow.............

Josh | NFC

Not From Concentrate
NFC Systems
Jun 12, 2015
www.nfc-systems.com
Looks nice. I'd rather buy the DAN-A4 and support a community member though.
Not seeing any credit going towards the designer of the DANcase A4-SFX, even though this oversized clone doesn't hide that it copied much of that case. Bleh.

I agree 100%. Ripoff without any credit. Plagiarism at its lowest.

I can totally understand under-served customers positions and don't judge them for buying clones like this at all. But I do want to do my part and at least point out plagiarism/ip theft in hopes to reduce this kind of thing from happening.

Reactions: Phuncz and bledha

h4chi

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
Aug 28, 2017
Agreed with above posts - although it isn't like I could actually afford a real DANcase A4-SFX anyway (Canadian living in Europe, case is $350). Clear "inspiration" taken from it, and some obscure Korean supplier...can't seem to find any information outside a few Korean dealers.

I almost want to buy one just to see what's up with it, and donate to Dan's v2 Kickstarter to offset my guilt.

@h4chi, any non-Korean or better yet, European situated dealers of this case? Any English language advertising material?

maybe It seems to be selling only in Korea.

Last edited:

AleksandarK

/dev/null
May 14, 2017
I agree 100%. Ripoff without any credit. Plagiarism at its lowest.

I can totally understand under-served customers positions and don't judge them for buying clones like this at all. But I do want to do my part and at least point out plagiarism/ip theft in hopes to reduce this kind of thing from happening.
Your and Dan`s case are most copied ones on Chinese, and on the popular forums, even this one. But all of them say it open from who they got their inspiration. Being original is most important aspect for successful case. Now you cant prevent people from using similar layout, but they should NOT use same design.

jtd871

SFF Guru
Jun 22, 2015
The design is slightly different - 1) it omits the top ventilation that the A4 has, 2) the sidepanels attach to the frame with screws, 3) 2xUSB vs. 1xUSB, 4) anti-vandal switch, 5) bigger (look at all the wasted space in the GPU area!) 6) switch and USB ports on RHS of facepanel rather than LHS.

What's with the "Extendable" bit? The panel sizes looked pretty darned fixed to me...ofc, I don't read Korean.

h4chi

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
Aug 28, 2017
The design is slightly different - 1) it omits the top ventilation that the A4 has, 2) the sidepanels attach to the frame with screws, 3) 2xUSB vs. 1xUSB, 4) anti-vandal switch, 5) bigger (look at all the wasted space in the GPU area!) 6) switch and USB ports on RHS of facepanel rather than LHS.

What's with the "Extendable" bit? The panel sizes looked pretty darned fixed to me...ofc, I don't read Korean.

i found this link, more information is there

http://www.hammertech.co.kr/caseclick_h4_01.html

Josh | NFC

Not From Concentrate
NFC Systems
Jun 12, 2015
www.nfc-systems.com
Your and Dan`s case are most copied ones on Chinese, and on the popular forums, even this one. But all of them say it open from who they got their inspiration. Being original is most important aspect for successful case. Now you cant prevent people from using similar layout, but they should NOT use same design.

What really hurts my feelings is when people on this forum copy work and don't link/name the originator. It happens often; especially to Dan.

Its far better to stand on the shoulders of giants with them supporting your ankles than to club them down and stand on their backs.

VegetableStu

Shrink Ray Wielder
Aug 18, 2016
Gonna apologise to Dan again for this: I've seen this case in person, and on first look I thought it was the A4. Only took getting back and Dan calling it out (in his thread) for me to do a double-take (two USB ports and screws at the side, c'mon!)

sorry for not doing due diligence, Dan :c

Soul_Est

SFF Guru
SFFn Staff
Feb 12, 2016
What really hurts my feelings is when people on this forum copy work and don't link/name the originator. It happens often; especially to Dan.

Its far better to stand on the shoulders of giants with them supporting your ankles than to club them down and stand on their backs.
Agreed as many of them inspired and motivated me to create my own designs. Give credit where credit is due!

Reactions: VegetableStu