Charles from Southern Illinois

Hello to the Forum. I have built two different ITX computers and I am somewhat disappointed in the availability of small but not too small of cases. My last two cases were a Thermaltake Core V1 Cube Case and a Cooler Master 130 Elite. I had issues with both cases because I thought they could both have been smaller. I liked the Thermaltake Core V1 best because it was easy to build with and the case is only about 12 inches deep, so it fit in my TV Cabinet if a couple of shelves were removed. It also had room for a video card with HDMI 2,0 I needed for my 4K HDTV. It could still have been shorter I think. The ATX power supplies just take up too much space in a case.

I kind of like the design of the Asrock 310 desk mini. It has a unique feature of special Flash drive Power/DATA connectors on the bottom of the motherboard which save space and cut down on bulky wiring. It has an overall unique design like a motherboard tray with 2 2.5 SSD mounts under the motherboard and a slide out motherboard tray. Plus it has a custom design plug for mounting the case Power SW, Drive LED, etc to the case.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Welcome to our forum ! If you like the Thermaltake Core V1 and Cooler Master 130 Elite, the next step "up" for SFF enthusiasts are cases like the Lazer3D LZ7 for instance !