Log Hide and Go Seek SFFPC setup

Skripka

Cat-Dog Perch Manager
Original poster
May 18, 2020
This is a bit fun and esoteric...for the ultra minimalist clean desk. And to lessen ambient heat/noise from gaming.

So where did my NCase sig rig move to?
No, not under the desk.

Well after watching a LTT video about the joys of long-run high-bandwidth fiberoptic cabling...

I went on Amazon and spent some money:

Optical USB 3.1 gen(god knows)for a hidden powered hub to drive all peripherals: (Male USB A to Female USB A)
I benchmarked that cable and the fastest USB thumb drive I had topped out at 200megabyte/second, which I think is just plain the drive limit

Video was a trick, as my LG only does 144Hz 3440x1440 over DisplayPort (HDMI port is only old 2.0 spec, so 85Hz), so HDMI-over-ethernet was out. Interesting thing to note, this optical DP (capable of 8K60Hz at 8-bit color) cable is directional

NCase is now in another room, so the heat and noise is elsewhere. 🙃

Didn't do optical-Thunderbolt, as AM4 boards as well as my RTX2070 don't have it...much as I'd like to just use a Thunderbolt dock. Not showing underside of everything, as cable management is a WIP. Actually replacing my powered USB hub I presently have (USB3.0), but the replacement unit is in Amazon Mail Hell somewhere.

Last edited: