Hi greeting from South Africa...!!! Im Planning my first SFF build

So far all i know it is going into the Lian Li TU100. This part has been ordered and due to be delivered mid month,
All other other parts must still be bought, still busy researching.

Any advice is MOST welcome.

Regards
FredBKevin

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
Welcome Fred!

Lian Li's engineering quality is usually pretty good.

However, this particular case -the TU100- is probably not exactly the best in terms of thermal performance. Do check the best PSU orientation & CPU cooler height to maximize the most of it. Googling around, I believe you can get some build logs to learn from.

Reactions: FredBkevin

FredBkevin

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Jun 4, 2020
I have decided to cancel the TU100 purchase this week coming, and then to wait it out until such time that Ncase ships to my country again. Lets just say i learned alot over the last couple of days.

Reactions: ignsvn

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
If you cannot wait for Ncase then perhaps you can check Lian Li TU-150 or Cougar QBX.

AlexTSG

Master of Cramming
Jun 17, 2018
www.youtube.com
I have decided to cancel the TU100 purchase this week coming, and then to wait it out until such time that Ncase ships to my country again. Lets just say i learned alot over the last couple of days.

Hey Fred

Welcome to the forums!

I'm in Johannesburg and I got the NCASE v6 delivered late last year. I ordered early as I was worried it would take ages to arrive going through the Post Office, and was very surprised when it was delivered in under 2 weeks!

It's still sitting unopened in the box next to a Corsair SF600 PSU. It looks like I'll have to wait until the lockdown level lowers so I can get the rest of the components. Although, with the new Ryzen 3x00 XT processors coming out soon it looks like it might be worth the wait.

FredBkevin

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Jun 4, 2020
@AlexTSG Im in Cape Town, nice to meet you.

I might ask them to ship it to Shanghai and then to get Aramex couriers to sent it to their offices in Cape Town as no shipping from Taiwan to south africa is allowed at the moment. Will inflate the price of the purchase but i guess it depends if i will be able to live with any other case , the NCASE mindshare has ruined me. :)

Reactions: AlexTSG

AlexTSG

Master of Cramming
Jun 17, 2018
www.youtube.com
@AlexTSG Im in Cape Town, nice to meet you.

I might ask them to ship it to Shanghai and then to get Aramex couriers to sent it to their offices in Cape Town as no shipping from Taiwan to south africa is allowed at the moment. Will inflate the price of the purchase but i guess it depends if i will be able to live with any other case , the NCASE mindshare has ruined me. :)

I've used Aramex Global Shopper a few times, in fact they delivered a Peter McKinnon Camera Backpack (which didn't have an option to ship to South Africa) to my office last week, and that's bigger and heavier than the NCASE M1.

As an NCASE owner, I'm probably biased, but I think it's worth spending more on a good case than other components, as it can last you through several builds.

Reactions: rfarmer

FredBkevin

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Jun 4, 2020
Please click on the link and view my build plans and give input anyone is welcome to give advise ......

Last edited:

AlexTSG

Master of Cramming
Jun 17, 2018
www.youtube.com
The GSKILL Memory and Corsair SF power supply look like good options. Corsair also has a 750W option if you plan to buy ahead of the launch of the new graphics cards, which could have power consumption 100W higher than current flagships, although even then the 600W should be fine.

Rumor has it that Samsung has an M.2 NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD coming out in the next few months (Samsung 980 PRO which could have speeds up to 6500MB/s)

Also, if you're considering a dual radiator setup in the NCASE M1, then ASUS's X570 ITX board may be a better choice than the DTX. A dual radiator loop is a tight fit and the larger DTX motherboard as well as it's riser card for the M.2 SSDs could make fitting the second radiator difficult.

Looks like it's going to be a really nice build!

Also, I just noticed that Amazon has resumed shipping to South Africa, albeit with limited and rather expensive shipping options, but there's a chance that we'll see more product range and shipping options being added over time.