Hi From ZS Cases

Greeting all, we are a small manufacturer of SFF case called ZS Cases. We based in Sydney Australia and China. We began our journey in 2017 and hope to give people an alternative option to SFF build. We recently launch our website and wish to provide a more convenient purchase option for international buyers. So feel free to drop by and share your thoughts!

Last edited:

murderbymodem

Average Stuffer
Jun 6, 2019
Glad to see you here! I've been considering a ZS-A4S V3 as my next case. This way I can retain the FlexATX PSU from my Velka 3 build, but fit a GPU longer than 180mm (likely the Zotac RTX 3070 Twin Edge, which is 230mm)

What is the website and when will cases be available? I was always hesitant to order from Taobao / Superbuy as an international buyer, a direct website where I can simply pay via PayPal would be great.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
1) Could you consider designing a new case with traditional layout (ie non sandwich style) with air cooling in mind please? (fitting a longer GPU)

2) A few people here are concerned about the safety quality of the internal PSU extension cable. I do not mean yours particularly but refer to that cable that is often found in many SFF cases in Taobao, in general.
Would you feedback on this issue?

I look forward to you new website for international ordering.

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
A few people here are concerned about the safety quality of the internal PSU extension cable. I do not mean yours particularly but refer to that cable that is often found in many SFF cases in Taobao, in general.

Agreed. Given the case supports very powerful hardware like RTX3090 cards, I would feel more comfortable having a standard IEC C14 extension cable there.

If that is not possible, please change to UL approved materials and maybe add some (shrink) tubing... safety first! ;)

Other than this, great cases!

Last edited:

ZS-Cases

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Oct 21, 2020
zscases.com
Glad to see you here! I've been considering a ZS-A4S V3 as my next case. This way I can retain the FlexATX PSU from my Velka 3 build, but fit a GPU longer than 180mm (likely the Zotac RTX 3070 Twin Edge, which is 230mm)

What is the website and when will cases be available? I was always hesitant to order from Taobao / Superbuy as an international buyer, a direct website where I can simply pay via PayPal would be great.

Hi, our website is zscases.com we currently haven't setup PayPal just yet. Turns out setting up business PayPal account in Australia isn't that easy. But in the mean time feel free to browse our site. And send us a msg via website so I can get a shipping quote for you. A4S V3 will be in stock around November 20th.

Nice, love to see some more SFF options out there. Looks like the site might be this: https://zscases.com/ as it was recently registered and is only 15 days old.
Thank you! The website is correct.

1) Could you consider designing a new case with traditional layout (ie non sandwich style) with air cooling in mind please? (fitting a longer GPU)

2) A few people here are concerned about the safety quality of the internal PSU extension cable. I do not mean yours particularly but refer to that cable that is often found in many SFF cases in Taobao, in general.

I look forward to you new website for international ordering.

Hi Tinyitx,

1) Sorry at the moment we only want to focus on sandwich layout case. As a team of 3 people we don't want too many things on our plate . Our A4 V3 can take up to 315mm (RTX3090 is 313mm), and with good ventilation (3 fan slots). You may check our post for more detail.

2) Whilst most powerful SFX PSU on the market is 850 watts, our internal PSU extension cable that we use can take up to 1500 watts. Another reason we choose clover leaf style plug is due to it's small foot print and it just look nicer than the bulky C14.

Every millimeter counts inside the case, and you can see from below illustration, using clover leaf plug we can spare valuable space for GPU.

Agreed. Given the case supports very powerful hardware like RTX3090 cards, I would feel more comfortable having a standard IEC C14 extension cable there.

If that is not possible, please change to UL approved materials and maybe add some (shrink) tubing... safety first! ;)

Other than this, great cases!

Thanks for your suggestion and that review on Taobao plug is very interesting read. I will definitely send it to our designer/builder and see what they think.

Last edited:

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
Thanks for your suggestion and that review on Taobao plug is very interesting read. I will definitely send it to our designer/builder and see what they think.

If you use good connectors from a trusted source you should be good.

Suggestions for improvement:
  • Use only flame resistant materials (UL approved)
  • Protect the whole end of the IEC connector with shrink tube instead of glue
  • Add a sleeve to the 3 single internal AC wires
That will look more professional and is overall safer for the customers. ;)

Example:

Last edited:

JJSEA

Caliper Novice
Dec 30, 2019
I have admired the ZS cases on Taobao. Nice to see you here.

The ZS-A4M looked really interesting to me, but I am not sure if I can live with the limitation to 8010 case fans. Are there any quiet, high-quality 8010 case fans?

ZS-Cases

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Oct 21, 2020
zscases.com
I have admired the ZS cases on Taobao. Nice to see you here.

The ZS-A4M looked really interesting to me, but I am not sure if I can live with the limitation to 8010 case fans. Are there any quiet, high-quality 8010 case fans?

Hi JJSEA, Have you tried SCYTHE - SC8010KG12H-P ?We usually recommend this to our customers.

tintran

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Aug 16, 2020
I like your ZS cases. Any chance of support AIO if an ITX GPU is used? I would love to see this in the ZS-A4S .

JJSEA

Caliper Novice
Dec 30, 2019
Looking at your range again, I think the model that is most interesting to me is the ZS-A4DC V2.

I currently have a build with an APU and 10Gb ethernet card in a K39. The PSU is an FSP FX500G. When used in the K39, the PSU intakes air from inside the case: this causes the PSU fan to come on when the CPU cooler heats up. However, if this PSU was used in the A4DC, I think it would get air from the outside, which hopefully would mean its fan never comes on.

A few questions:

* What's the availability?
* What is the difference between the two packages on Taobao (Yuan 650 vs 660)?
* What length/type of riser cable is needed? Would a riser cable that worked in the K39 work here?
* Does the USB front panel connector use the older USB 3.1 header (19/20 pin) or the newer USB C 3.1 Gen 2 type header?

b0ykie

Cable Smoosher
Oct 15, 2020
Hey I need some help with one of the cases which I ordered 2 months back. One of the feet for the ZS-A4S is unable to screw into the case.

Last edited:

ZS-Cases

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Oct 21, 2020
zscases.com
I can‘t find that model. Did you mean SC8010KH12H-P?
Hi JJSEA, sorry that was a typo. Yes it should be SC8010KH12H-P.

I like your ZS cases. Any chance of support AIO if an ITX GPU is used? I would love to see this in the ZS-A4S .
Hi tintran, at the moment we only plan to add AIO extension panel for A4 V3. Thanks.

Hey I need some help with one of the cases which I ordered 2 months back. One of the feet for the ZS-A4S is unable to screw into the case.
Hi b0ykie, can you please send me some photos and explain in more detail so I can pass on the message?

Looking at your range again, I think the model that is most interesting to me is the ZS-A4DC V2.

I currently have a build with an APU and 10Gb ethernet card in a K39. The PSU is an FSP FX500G. When used in the K39, the PSU intakes air from inside the case: this causes the PSU fan to come on when the CPU cooler heats up. However, if this PSU was used in the A4DC, I think it would get air from the outside, which hopefully would mean its fan never comes on.

A few questions:

* What's the availability?
* What is the difference between the two packages on Taobao (Yuan 650 vs 660)?
* What length/type of riser cable is needed? Would a riser cable that worked in the K39 work here?
* Does the USB front panel connector use the older USB 3.1 header (19/20 pin) or the newer USB C 3.1 Gen 2 type header?

Hi JJSEA,

1. Yes stock available for immediate dispatch
2. 650 = USB A & 660 = USB C
3. 190mm in length will work. You may check riser cable in our website for more detail.
4. Both type are available.

Should you wish to purchase ZS-A4DC V2, just send us a message to confirm the colour you want and we will add it in ZS Cases website.

ZS-Cases

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Oct 21, 2020
zscases.com
If you use good connectors from a trusted source you should be good.

Suggestions for improvement:
  • Use only flame resistant materials (UL approved)
  • Protect the whole end of the IEC connector with shrink tube instead of glue
  • Add a sleeve to the 3 single internal AC wires
That will look more professional and is overall safer for the customers. ;)

Example:

Hi REVOCCASES,

Thanks for your suggestion. We have made a lil improvement and glad to let you know we have now added sleeve to the 3 single internal AC wires.

We're continue to looking into good alternative for IEC connector.

murderbymodem

Average Stuffer
Jun 6, 2019
In general a C14 would be more appealing to me, I prefer to keep everything as standard as possible. Imagine bringing your ZS build to a LAN event, but you forgot your special power cable. Good luck finding one of those. Meanwhile everyone is going to have an extra standard power cable.

I also make sure my monitors use a standard C14 instead of some special power brick.

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
In general a C14 would be more appealing to me, I prefer to keep everything as standard as possible. Imagine bringing your ZS build to a LAN event, but you forgot your special power cable. Good luck finding one of those. Meanwhile everyone is going to have an extra standard power cable.

I also make sure my monitors use a standard C14 instead of some special power brick.
I'm of the opposite opinion, whichever is the smallest connector I would go with that (meeting safety requirements is a given). Was quite intrigued when the Formula X1 v12 uses this aviator style connector