Hi From ZS Cases

Greeting all, we are a small manufacturer of SFF case called ZS Cases. We based in Sydney Australia and China. We began our journey in 2017 and hope to give people an alternative option to SFF build. We recently launch our website and wish to provide a more convenient purchase option for international buyers. So feel free to drop by and share your thoughts!

Last edited:

ZS-Cases

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Oct 21, 2020
zscases.com
Curious to learn more about the smaller cases. What will shipping costs to the USA be?

It varies from $80AUD to $95AUD depend on the case you ordered. Contact Us via https://zscases.com/ to get a quote for shipping costs

Hi, Very interested in the ZS A4L v2, Wondering if there is an available tophat to fit a 120mm aio

Hi Diamorif, I will pass on your feedback. At the moment we do not have tophat for AIO.

ZS-Cases

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Oct 21, 2020
zscases.com
We frequently receive concerns about the clover leaf inlet used in our cases, suspecting that its low amps (2.5A, which is not true) are unable to deliver enough wattage for PSU.

Rest assure we are very careful with selecting parts. The aim is to create as much space as possible inside the case while at the same time provide enough power to drive the hardware.

We already have a customer installing RTX 3090 into his A4 V3 cases and did not report any issue, so it's safe to say our clover leaf inlet can handle the top class GPU on the market.

Here is the spec of our clover leaf inlet:

Temperature resistance: -25 - 125 degree Celsius

Dielectric withstand strength: AC 2500V / 5sec

Amps: 5A 250V

Inlet material: Copper nickel plated

UL 94 rating: V-0 (plastic burning stops within 10 seconds)

Insulation resistance: 100MΩ

CupcakePeroxide

Cable Smoosher
Aug 29, 2020
We frequently receive concerns about the clover leaf inlet used in our cases, suspecting that its low amps (2.5A, which is not true) are unable to deliver enough wattage for PSU.

Rest assure we are very careful with selecting parts. The aim is to create as much space as possible inside the case while at the same time provide enough power to drive the hardware.

We already have a customer installing RTX 3090 into his A4 V3 cases and did not report any issue, so it's safe to say our clover leaf inlet can handle the top class GPU on the market.

Here is the spec of our clover leaf inlet:

Temperature resistance: -25 - 125 degree Celsius

Dielectric withstand strength: AC 2500V / 5sec

Amps: 5A 250V

Inlet material: Copper nickel plated

UL 94 rating: V-0 (plastic burning stops within 10 seconds)

Insulation resistance: 100MΩ
5A translates to 550W max on 110V mains, and less if you consider the ~10% of PSU power loss. This may or may not be enough for a RTX 3090 setup. It is less of a problem on 220V mains, but since I travel a lot, this is kind of a deal-breaker for me. Like @REVOCCASES has said, I really think IEC C14 is the way to go. Safety is arguably more important than size of the case.

5A translates to 550W max on 110V mains, and less if you consider the ~10% of PSU power loss. This may or may not be enough for a RTX 3090 setup. It is less of a problem on 220V mains, but since I travel a lot, this is kind of a deal-breaker for me. Like @REVOCCASES has said, I really think IEC C14 is the way to go. Safety is arguably more important than size of the case.
One remark I want to add, though, is that if the C6 inlet is indeed UL 60320-1 compliant, then it is rated 7 A / 125 V in addition to the 2.5 A / 250 V IEC rating. In that case, it should be enough for most low to medium power setups. Note, however, a 600 W PSU (7660b for example), can still draw more than 600 W at the inlet due to the power loss (the datasheet says up to 8 amps if the mains voltage is really low).

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
I really think IEC C14 is the way to go. Safety is arguably more important than size of the case.
That is fair to say. But then, safety and size are not really an either-or in this case, I think. I mean, I do not think this is an issue of 'safe vs not safe' but rather 'safe vs safer'.

Noting ZS case is based in China+Australia (which are both 220-240V countries), I suppose the case meets local safety standard. And I suspect, ZS must have weigh between using a C14 plug (safer, bigger case...winning buyers like you but losing buyers who prefer smaller size) and Clover Leaf plug (safe, smaller case...losing buyers like you but winning buyers who prefer smaller size) and they came to the latter (which might just be a larger market?)

Reactions: CupcakePeroxide

CupcakePeroxide

Cable Smoosher
Aug 29, 2020
That is fair to say. But then, safety and size are not really an either-or in this case, I think. I mean, I do not think this is an issue of 'safe vs not safe' but rather 'safe vs safer'.

Noting ZS case is based in China+Australia (which are both 220-240V countries), I suppose the case meets local safety standard. And I suspect, ZS must have weigh between using a C14 plug (safer, bigger case...winning buyers like you but losing buyers who prefer smaller size) and Clover Leaf plug (safe, smaller case...losing buyers like you but winning buyers who prefer smaller size) and they came to the latter (which might just be a larger market?)
Yeah I agree with you. I guess it's just me getting a bit paranoid at this point.

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
There are several "rating agencies" and they propose different amp ratings for these connectors.

IEC for example gives it a 2.5 Amp rating but North American rating agencies give it a 10 Amp rating. It also depends on the specific manufacturer and quality of the connectors and cables.

Therefore I said if ZS is using a good brand, UL approved C6 it should be fine. If in doubt, someone with 110VAC should test it with some 850W build and measure the temp rise on the connector.

kiaskus

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Nov 24, 2020
Does anyone know when the A4S V3 is back in stock and shipping? Debating on whether to buy through SuperBuy or through the official website

oButto

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Nov 28, 2020
There are several "rating agencies" and they propose different amp ratings for these connectors.

IEC for example gives it a 2.5 Amp rating but North American rating agencies give it a 10 Amp rating. It also depends on the specific manufacturer and quality of the connectors and cables.

Therefore I said if ZS is using a good brand, UL approved C6 it should be fine. If in doubt, someone with 110VAC should test it with some 850W build and measure the temp rise on the connector.

What is the risk if they use a mediocre brand for their C6? I was going to buy two of these cases but the 110V + 5amp aspect is kinda throwing me off.

murderbymodem

Average Stuffer
Jun 6, 2019
Any plans to offer more affordable shipping? I was still considering an ZS-A4S V3 as my next case, but $40 shipping to the US is a bit hard to stomach.

ZS-Cases

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Oct 21, 2020
zscases.com
Any plans to offer more affordable shipping? I was still considering an ZS-A4S V3 as my next case, but $40 shipping to the US is a bit hard to stomach.
We're looking to do flat package to reduce shipping cost. But before that we need to create a manual. Hopefully we can have it ready in a couple of months

murderbymodem

Average Stuffer
Jun 6, 2019
We're looking to do flat package to reduce shipping cost. But before that we need to create a manual. Hopefully we can have it ready in a couple of months
Great to hear! Thanks for the reply. I will check the website at a later date and see if the shipping rates have improved at all. I likely won't be able to get my hands on a new GPU any time soon, so I can wait on upsizing my case as well.

renecop545

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 2, 2018
@ZS-Cases The arms on my ZS-A4S v2 case has loosened and I can't seem to find the right screwdriver to tighten it, could you please tell me what kind of screwdriver/allen wrench I need?

Last edited:

masbroo69

Efficiency Noob
Aug 10, 2019

I got a case with this case. where the i / o armor asus h470-i cannot be inserted into the case due to collision with the fan. So I filled it with asus b450-i

masbroo69

Efficiency Noob
Aug 10, 2019

I got a case with this case. where the i / o armor asus h470-i cannot be inserted into the case due to collision with the fan. So I filled it with asus b450-ir

the material of this case is very, so I decided to buy back with a different version of the ZS-A4S V3, hopefully it can match the Asus H470-I motherboard without removing the i / o armor

Purchase