Hey guys, I'm an enthusiast industrial designer!

lpd2

Cable Smoosher
Jun 24, 2020
My work requires lots of 3D rendering. I travel out of the city/country a lot so I'm hoping to build an extremely portable 4GPU case.
Some of your genius works inspired me and I started sketching out ideas already.
Sliger??

efecan190

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
New User
Jun 23, 2020
Sliger has gorgeous and super-smart cases. Cerberus X supports up to 4 GPUs but they say it's 28 liters. I want to achieve 4 1080ti's (that's what I have) under 14 liters.
I'm kind of sure it's possible but it's gonna require lot's of DIY

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Sliger has gorgeous and super-smart cases. Cerberus X supports up to 4 GPUs but they say it's 28 liters. I want to achieve 4 1080ti's (that's what I have) under 14 liters.
I'm kind of sure it's possible but it's gonna require lot's of DIY
The Cerberus X is 24 liters including feet and panels, which is commonly not taken into account.

I'm curious about the layout because you're going to be fighting power supply, heat output and airflow constraints with such a build !

efecan190

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
New User
Jun 23, 2020
The Cerberus X is 24 liters including feet and panels, which is commonly not taken into account.

I'm curious about the layout because you're going to be fighting power supply, heat output and airflow constraints with such a build !

This is a quick sketch showing interior layout with 2 water-cooled GPU + 2 air-cooled GPU + 1 air-cooled CPU
even with this insanely optimistic scenario, we are at 14.62LT interior volume
- I'm not super concerned with the heat since each air-cooled component has access to fresh air in this scenario.
- I don't think this is viable to transfer within the airplane cabin because of the liquid rules. which is super important to me to I'll probably have to scrap this idea.

Reactions: Phuncz

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
@efecan190 interesting layout ! Liquid on airplanes has been debated quite a lot before on the forum, be sure to look out for it. I would guess it depends on a lot of factors if it is accepted or recommended.