So I'm an Artist...

I realized I hadn't said hello to everyone yet! I just jumped in and started engaging, which is awesome :)

So, yeah, what about me?

I work at a grocery store, pushing carts most of the time. It's a real good workout. I've earned a black belt in my local dojo, it was MMA though, so I'm not sure which discipline I really earned that in. As some of you have already noticed I do some CAD work, and I have a 3D printer. Oh, and yeah, I'm an artist:

http://imgur.com/a/gO2VH

I used an old VCR "motherboard" for the circuit panel behind the face, and in fact, all of my sculpture tends to incorporate elements like that. You can see one other piece at the very end, that is the only good picture of it that I have on hand.

Ahem, and so I also enjoy painting but that's less relevant to this forum.

Out of curiosity, does anyone have any old/dead hardware they'd donate for potential future projects?

Anyways, that's all I got for now :)

bledha

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 22, 2017
Welcome @Biowarejak! I am relatively new here too, and all the folks here are great. Glad to see you here.

Oh, and yeah, I'm an artist

I like your work - thank you for sharing. I love the found/reuse material movement. Industrial sculpture I think is so cool!

I work at a grocery store, pushing carts most of the time. It's a real good workout.

My first long-term job (many years ago...) was the same. Cart-wrangler. I feel you - but those legs get swoll.

I've earned a black belt in my local dojo, it was MMA though,

I did kickboxing and Muay Thai for quite some time, gunned for the black belt too but just couldn't go through with it. I applaud your dedication.

Again, welcome. Been seeing your contributions around the forum already!

zovc

King of Cable Management
Jan 5, 2017
Hey!

Most "MMA gyms" will teach a combination of Muay Thai and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. Of the more common martial arts, those two are among the most 'refined for sport.' As far as belts, I (personally) think it's safest to say you have a belt 'at your gym' (or school/dojo) rather than in any specific discipline, because even among disciplines the way schools/gyms test and train their students can vary pretty drastically. At some gyms you're expected to meet fitness milestones to get belts, at some you're expected to know forms, at some you're expected to spar with someone, at some you're expected to break things, so on... I like that kind of stuff so I could go on about it for a while. XD

Man, that artwork is really neat. Kind of reminds me of System Shock 2's promo artwork with the 'cyber head' surrounded by a busy frame. Physical art is always cool to look at, I like yours a lot!

Thanks for the help with that 3D printing project so far. :)

Reactions: Biowarejak

Biowarejak

Maker of Awesome | User 1615
Original poster
Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
Thanks @zovc :) I'm happy to help! And yes that's all very true. It was largely Muy Thai and Brazilian Jiu-jitsu, with kickboxing, judo, krav maga, and a few others sprinkled in. Apologies for spelling, autocorrect is fighting me -.-

Biowarejak

Original poster
Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
Welcome aboard!

I'm out of the country for a while, but shoot me a message in a few weeks and I'll try and send you some stuff.
Thank you! I most certainly will :) hope you're enjoying wherever you are!

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Welcome to the forum ! Here you're surrounded by other creative minds all having various ways to express themselves !

Reactions: Biowarejak

Biowarejak

Original poster
Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
:) Also, I'd like to introduce myself, I love keyboards. If you need help with mechanical keyboards, ask me, if I don't know the answer, @iFreilicht knows a lot also.
I totally forgot to respond to you! That's awesome, I'm in the market for one actually. I'm not sure which key preference I have though.

Reactions: Soul_Est

HeroXLazer

King of Cable Management
Sep 11, 2016
I totally forgot to respond to you! That's awesome, I'm in the market for one actually. I'm not sure which key preference I have though.
novelkeys.xyz
u/mgsickler on Reddit made it, it offers a ton of switches and different types of switch testers, they're 3D printed. I've heard a lot of great things about them, just pick all of the Cherry switches, you don't need to pick the Vintage ones, but you can.

Reactions: EdZ and zovc