Help to choose cooling

Mranderson

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
Jan 22, 2018
Hi. I want to build a high end sff computer.
Component i chose is
ncase m1 v5 - open to other alternatives
Asrock 299itx
7960x or 7980xe
1080ti
32 maybe 64 gb.ram
960 pro 2tb
Coraair 600w?

Question is. What would be the best way to cool this most quietly. No nedd for overclock. Im open to air,custum water, dual single rad, hybrid. Is it even possiblw in an n cade? 2066 and 1080ti is extremely hot. And yes i know its expesive and 1151 is cheaper.

Last edited:

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Which 1080Ti do you have in mind? I mean, a reference design (with centrifugal fan exhausting hot air via the back) and one that dumps exhausted air inside could make a big thermal difference inside the case.

I will follow this thread with a personal interest, which is to see what is the strongest possible air cooling does the NCase M1 have.

smitty2k1

King of Cable Management
Dec 3, 2016
If you go with the open air coolers, get one that exhausts heat out the bottom of the case instead of one that sucks in cool air and blows it on the card.

Riggles

What's an ITX?
Jan 29, 2018
Rear exhaust is a must imho, I have an ASUS 1070 TURBO with two noctua's pulling in cool air feeding from the bottom. Its quieter than reference cooler and performs solid. I have seen a universal passive solution used in combination with two bottom fans that i hear is quite effective.

A friend of mine has a reference 1080 with the same setup and that throttles constantly. Obviously the heat generated buy the 80' is considerably more that an 70 as performance goes with it. ASUS have released 1080ti with the same TURBO cooler but i haven't looked at the stats and performance for this.

Its the biggest challenge in this case when it comes to gfx card heat and there are many possible solutions floating around. So to start off i would certainly go for a rear exhausting card.